Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any news on a Star Wars livestream?

Just wondering if they have set a date for a star wars livestream yet.

Comments

• Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Unless they did it super sneaky, nothing. Everything is pretty quiet from The Sims right now. Also, from what I was told there won’t be a livestream but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    There won't be one according to sources.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Shoot, I was sure looking forward to one!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Who said that they aren't doing one?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I don't think that there will be a livestream, don't think Disney would like anyone than themselves introducing things like this. Also why I assume that there will not be a lot to build on in Batuu. People would put junk on that lot, mod into a [redacted]-club or something and that would be a no-no for Disney. Think they have been pretty upfront about it. Visit Batuu and bring home B&B.

We will see :) I am going to watch EnglishSimmer and James Turner while I wait for my mods and CC to update.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    doubt they'll do one. the backlash has been so strong the livestream chat would just be chaos.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say them will do a live stream
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    I would have to say no. The pack is out on Tuesday. We've always gotten more than 3 days notice of a Livestream.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I expected there to be a lifestream to introduce Star Wars fans to The Sims gameplay.

@cheescaeks Good point about the chat. That would certainly put newcomers (and Disney) off.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, and I heard that game changers are not getting the pack early too. I think Disney has more control/say over this pack.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EA had full control over advertising their other Star Wars games. Disney got their money they don’t dictate what EA does with their games, and they didn’t order EA to make this pack.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Even though I don't want this pack, I think they should do a livestream... particularly one without the comments enabled.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Even though I don't want this pack, I think they should do a livestream... particularly one without the comments enabled.

They had quite some time to get a feel of what the main grievances are with the pack and they could work some answers in their live presentation if they want to. I remember people were quite disappointed with Eco Lifestyle but had changed their minds and felt better about it after the live stream.