Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Land Rich, Cash Poor Sims 4 Challenge

I loved this challenge by treynutz in Sims 2 and it never played well in Sims 3, I guess people forgot about it because I am yet to see a Sims 4 version of it but now I've made one of my own! This challenge requires Seasons.

The original Sims 2 rules can be found here!

Introduction: (Copied from the original rules)
The outer regions of the sim word is a harsh and unforgiving place. With freezing winters, scorching summers, and plenty of wolves, very few sims have ventured forth to tame these extreme lands. Sim City government is desperate to expand due massive overcrowding caused by unscrupulous cheesecake venders. So a new “Free Land! Plus Money!” program was born.

Two poor, lonely, mismatched sims apply for the program and are accepted. They are whisked through an all too Brief Orientation Program and quickly shuttled off to a nice plot of land with a little bit of starting money. They must live together and make the best of their new life, their new home, and each other.

The Sims
-Create any 2 YA sims in CAS, must be roommates (These two sims will ideally eventually fall in love and start a family)

-Any aspirations you want

-Due to no zodiac system in TS4 instead your sims should have at least one set of conflicting traits with each other (i.e Sim 1 is active and sim 2 is lazy or sim 1 is unflirty and sim 2 is romantic)

-You sims may have no traits in common

The Free Land
-Start on a decently large lot (50x50+ recommended) in any world where it snows (although I recommend Newcrest as it fits the theme of new undeveloped lands)

-If there is no fishing area nearby to your lot (that your sim can walk to without a loading screen) then you may add a pond using buydebug

-Set seasons to 7 days long, start in Summer.

-Enter the lot before moving in your sims and add $5000 worth of trees (This is $10000 in the original however I found that the trees took up all the space on the lot, if you can make the trees fit you may use this amount)

The Free Money!
-Upon moving in adjust the balance to $2500

The Brief Orientation

-No public transport yet on these roads so no travelling to other lots for now.

-No stealing good paying jobs from hard working city sims (No jobs).

-If you earn enough to buy a business you may only sell crafted, cooked, caught or collected items.

-Only one truck delivery per day. For now you may only buy two objects and six wall sections per day. Truck arrives at 8am and will deliver until sundown.

-You may sell 2 objects to be sent back on the truck per day.

-Currently unable to make truck deliveries over winter as of the first snowfall.

-Any amount of produce or caught fish can be sold to the hungry mouths in Sim City at any time.

-No phone services are available at this time.

-You may cut down trees to fund item and wall purchases but no more than 2 trees per day. (Does not count towards sold items in the truck)
The following utilities (and others) are currently unavailable:

-Phone services

-Internet

-Sprinkler Systems

-Gas lines for cooktops/ovens

-Radio station signals

Expanding Services
On the last day of each Summer and Winter (originally each winter but the order of seasons can't be changed in TS4) one of the following restrictions can be lifted in any order desired:

-Phone Services Permitted

-Public Transport Provided (unlocks travelling)

-Craft Bench unlock (Woodworking, Flower Arranging ect)

-Road Upgrades (Multiple) doubles the amount of items you can buy/sell per day

-Snow plows, items can be delivered in light snow (before snowmen can be built)

-Snow Tires, items can be delivered in all weather (Snow plows required first)

Utilities
These may be unlocked on the first day of each season. (Except first summer)
On this day one of these can be delivered outside of the daily item limit.

-Televisions

-Computers

-Sprinklers

-Stoves/Cooktops

-Bee boxes

-Aspiration Rewards

End Game
When the family have unlocked all restrictions and utilities and have prospered on their plot of land

Other Rules
-No cheats except Reset Sim and Move Objects

-Any Age Span

-CC must be reasonably priced

-Doors, Windows, Stairs and Columns all count as one object each

-Fences and Half walls count as wall sections

-You can "move" existing walls by deleting and rebuilding them, not using up the daily wall limit as the materials to rebuild them are already there.

Enjoy! Let me know if you decide to give it a go!

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Why can’t Sims travel to nearby lots and we just say they walked? They don’t call for a taxi when they travel (like in TS2), nor do they step out of one when they arrive.
  • Options
    simfollysimfolly Posts: 8 New Member
    excellent work!
  • Options
    Natalie116Natalie116 Posts: 3 New Member
    This sounds very interesting, going to give it a shot. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Options
    MandieJaneMandieJane Posts: 18 Member
    So I'm starting this today but I've had to make a few small changes [or wanted to]

Firstly I've chosen to move my sims to "Mua Pel'am", I think it's perfect for at least my interpretation of the Challenge.
    The idea is to remove all residential lots that aren't my own! however I've found that "Admiral’s Wreckage" is a perfect lot for it...BUT it does conflict with a huge part which is building. So firstly I've cleared out the ship completely so it's just a shell, not even keeping decorations https://ibb.co/5FDYjMw but this still feels like a cheat to the challenge And I'm going to cover the entrance with bushes do to even get to the entrance I'll need to clear the blockage following the rules, once that is done everything from making stairs to get in needs to be done from scratch.

I'm only just starting for now but I'll post more either as I'm going or when I've finished the challenge :) wish me luck
  • Options
    MandieJaneMandieJane Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2019
    So I'm starting this today but I've had to make a few small changes [or wanted to]

Firstly I've chosen to move my sims to "Mua Pel'am", I think it's perfect for at least my interpretation of the Challenge.
    The idea is to remove all residential lots that aren't my own! however I've found that "Admiral’s Wreckage" is a perfect lot for it...BUT it does conflict with a huge part which is building. So firstly I've cleared out the ship completely so it's just a shell, not even keeping decorations https://ibb.co/5FDYjMw but this still feels like a cheat to the challenge And I'm going to cover the entrance with bushes do to even get to the entrance I'll need to clear the blockage following the rules, once that is done everything from making stairs to get in needs to be done from scratch.

I'm only just starting for now but I'll post more either as I'm going or when I've finished the challenge :) wish me luck

Edit: I've changed it a little, To be able to get to the door to the shop wreck you have to be there for at least a full season before you can start that. and to remove the trees [i have 5 covering it] it takes up all your 2 items and 6 wall segments for that day.... meaning it would take at least 5 days in the second season to be able to get to the shipwreck.

edit 2: OH! the cleaning the beach things is awesome also! I feel like someone will make a new challenge with all this lol *wink wink, nudge*
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    So I'm bumping an old thread but I am going to try this challenge.
    I loved it in TS2 and 3. I'm ready for whatever challenge TS4 brings with it. I have to say, this is one of the few challenges that I absolutely adore. I also like the way the rules were changed to match TS4. Newburg is the perfect place for this challenge.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]