Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim won't die...help

My guy sim is 103 days old. I have the life span set on 90..is this normal?? I kinda want him to die..How can i kill a sim?

Comments

• Options
    HandtHandt Posts: 333 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had a sim live to 101. It was waaaay after his meter was full, but he eventually died.

If all else fails, do the old "wall-in" tactic.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    in cheat box (ctrl+shift+c) testingcheatsenabled true. switch to ur motives window, ctrl click and hold hunger motive bar and drag the motive to the bottom.
    your sim has died of hunger.
  • Options
    wicca43wicca43 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It happens sometimes. I myself had one sim live to be 124.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2009
    It's normak. 90 days is just the minimum he'll die soon enough. But as for ways to kill him. Build a wall around a pool with him in it and he'll drown. Or put him in an ernclosed space and starve him to death. Or in an enclose space hae him cook something then let him stop cooking he'll set on fire (won't work if he's daredevil or brave), or the hardest one, electrocuted by repairing an el;ectric object
  • Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it's normal. My old man was 104 when he died on normal mode.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    Think of the listed lifespan as a minimum, not an average.

Also: sims who are vegetarian or did a lot of jogging in their life will live longer than most.

If you're really sick of him, throw him in a swimming pool, build a wall around it trapping him inside, and wait. :twisted:
  • Options
    DeaditegalDeaditegal Posts: 176 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it's normal. Bob Newbie's mom lived forever, I thought it was a glitch and moved him out. Then she died alone, I felt so bad :/
  • Options
    Daytona500PDaytona500P Posts: 1,345 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the oldest sim i have is 127, it might have been a glitch though.

you can kill them by building a pool and putting walls around it after they get in the pool.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2009
    Well, I'm not liking this information. Sims living LONGER?!? When I set lifespan to 90 days, I mean 90 days! Great, now the killings will have to start again. :evil: :twisted:
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    New_RoostermanNew_Roosterman Posts: 402 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There are plenty of ways to kill a sim. Does your sim have a low skill in handiness? If so have them try to upgrade/tinker wioth some high quality electrical equipment - they'll more than likely set fuire to something or get electrocuted on the spot.

Another option have them do a workout until they get the fatigued moodlet. Then have them go swimming. They will drown.
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited August 2009
    I believe that my husband forced a sim to die of old age by doing the TestingCheatsEnabled True and then age transitioning him.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Fleera wrote:
    I believe that my husband forced a sim to die of old age by doing the TestingCheatsEnabled True and then age transitioning him.

This is what I usually do when I believe their time should come to an end.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have my lifespan on long and my founders husband is 207 days old. He did complete the athletic challenge that lengthens the lifespan though. I need him to die soon so my spare can at least get married.
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2009
    JBAG521 wrote:
    I have my lifespan on long and my founders husband is 207 days old. He did complete the athletic challenge that lengthens the lifespan though. I need him to die soon so my spare can at least get married.

You may have a long wait. My athletic sim lived to 230 while his bookworm, natural cook wife had died at 193. :!:
  • Options
    GurlieMacaGurlieMaca Posts: 44 Member
    edited August 2009
    thanks everyone!! i honestly thought like they could go a couple days after 90 and then they would die..but i did the testingcheatsenabled true and triggered age thing where it just kills him. He was a superstar athlete, and so he ran a lott...prolly why he was so old but his wife died at 93 days thats why i thought there was a glitch.
  • Options
    suitcasesuitcase Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2009
    To kill him you can type in the cheat box (ctrl shift c) testingcheatsenabled true.
    if you want him to starve to death, you can drag his hunger meter down.
    if you want him to drown, build a very very very small pool, have him go swimming, and build walls around the pool so he can't get out. eventually he will pass out and drown, unless you let him starve or something while in the pool.
    if you want him to burn to death, build a fireplace and put him in the room. remove the door, and wait for him to die.
    That's all I can think of for now.
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2020
    i'm having something like that. i cant drown an npc when i'm playing as her. her energy need is all the way down. can someone please help? also im using origin to play sims 4. i have no mods bc my mods folder is corrupted. im playing in english. my packs are : cats & dogs, my 1st pet stuff, strangerville, moschino stuff, tiny living, island living, city living, and nifty knitting. is she human? ofc! she is base game! no packs. nothing. did you ever use cheats? yes.
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is this not working
  • Options
    rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    :frowning:
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    As my firearms instructed used to say ...
    "If you're trying to figure out what's wrong with your rifle, It's the nut behind the bolt" ... <3

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @rosepicker - Same as with a post you made yesterday, this is the TS3 section of the forum. Not TS4. It would be better if you could redirect your question to where the TS4 players are as the two games are very different from each other. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @igazor This is also a necropost, if you'll notice the date of the original posting and the previous comment to rosepicker's.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oh, I don't know. Just because it's 11 years later doesn't mean the very patient original posters aren't still waiting for their poor elder sims to pass away. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top