Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back Split level homes! Please

In Sims 3 we had that Platform tool where you could add different heights into your home. I would love this to return!

Paralives also has different indoor heights:
20200723_160158.jpg
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    PLUCHEZOEPLUCHEZOE Posts: 3 New Member
    There's a few video's on youtube on how to make a split level house work but yeah, it should be much easier!
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes! It would be nice to have a step down or a step up or even short landings for stairs. I lived in a house that had the kitchen a step higher than the living room. Living room had an egress to the back patio. Dining room was the same level as the kitchen & front entrance, foyer, hallway of the house, then it dropped down for another living space. In the foyer there were some L-shaped stairs to go up to the bedrooms.
    It would be cool to be able to have that layout.
  • Options
    KittitanaKittitana Posts: 27 Member
    I would love to see this. I've always liked to try to recreate the house I'm living in. While I've never been able to exactly recreate past houses in past Sims, the house I live in now is particularly difficult to reproduce without making it ridiculously tall. Each level is half a wall/stair height higher than the previous one. I'd also like to see the top level of basements able to extend slightly above ground with windows like some basements do.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    You can really get creative with split leveling in the Sims 3, but its still a bit too limited. Also in the Sims 4 for some reason, you can't pick the same wall paints for the foundations. What's up with that?
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    OMG yes I wanted to make an Japanese entrance to my home, I tried to make this but its just so hard that I just couldn't.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That would be nice!!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I used to have my sim's kitchen on a platform like that in ts3. Havent tried to make one yet in ts4, is it much harder?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    need so badly

I want to build indoor stage venues and such but having no split level makes it so hard
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes Please!! 😍🙏
  • Options
    alexeve3alexeve3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Haven't played ts3 in so long I vaguely remember this but I would love that so much! A split level home would be awesome!!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes! All of the YES!!!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Definitely platforms and I'd also like to see terrain leveling modified so that you can hide a slope inside of a foundation, like in TS3, which enabled you to make walk-out basements and underground garages and whatnot.