Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits I'd like to see in Sims 4

Unlucky was a really interesting trade I think in Sims 3 and I'd like to see it return as I think it would really work well in Sims 4 I would also like to see the brave and cowardly traits return cuz I feel like those were some pretty unique traits and that they would also work well in Sims 4 also I would like to see the proper and overly dramatic traits return as I thought those were really fun your sim being able to pretend to pass out I would just love to see that return to the game whether it's a trait or not for the proper trait it also be nice to have a tea set to go with it and have those Sims like to throw tea parties and of course it always be dressed formally cuz that worked really well in Sims 3 I think also the bowing and curtseying was nice to
are there any things you would like to see go at these traits if they're added to the game are there any other traits you would like to see added to the game either one's you came up with or ones that were in previous games before that you think would work really well in Sims 4 do you want to see the unlucky and proper and brave I'm cowardly traits return
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, I would love to have more traits from TS3. I would especially love a Neurotic trait, but I would also love Brave with a fear emotion added. I miss Proper, Brooding, Rebellious, Shy, Socially Awkward, and Nurturing too. Another trait I would like to see return is Eccentric, but I would prefer it to be less about inventing things and more about being 'quirky' and creative. I also think a Cultured trait could work well, which was a hidden trait in TS3. These sims could enjoy talking about art, books, films and gourmet cooking, gain creative skills more quickly or just enjoy painting and reading etc. more, and get happy or inspired buffs at libraries and museums perhaps.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited July 2020
    a cultured trait is a good idea I feel like it would work well in sims 4 @annaliese39
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    There are so many options. Absent minded, Diva, Technophobe, Brave, Perceptive, and Socially awkward were top faves of mine. I'd like to see temporary traits too like traits only teens and children can have. I hate that personalities are so 'solid' for kids. Kids personalities often change. Don't get me started on a game that was all about personality and emotions both systems are disappointing.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Here are some traits I'd like to see:
    Vain - these Sims love to preen in front of the mirror and hate being dirty or unfashionable. They get very embarrassed if they have a bad hair day or a spot.

Cheapskate- these Sims avoid lavish spending at all costs and get tense when having to spend large amounts of money (although I suppose Freegan comes close to this).

Spoilt- These Sims get angry when things don't go their way. They are prone to tantrums.

Fussy (as an adult trait)- These Sims are picky about everything from their food to where they hang out. They get tense when in an environment that's not to their liking.

Timid: these shy sims don't like to make too much noise. They run and hide from any fights or danger and get very embarrassed if they find themselves the centre of attention.

Macabre: these Sims have a fascination with all things creepy. They love horror and aren't bothered by gross things.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Macabre is cool... 👹
  • Options
    Here are some traits I'd like to see:
    Vain - these Sims love to preen in front of the mirror and hate being dirty or unfashionable. They get very embarrassed if they have a bad hair day or a spot.

Cheapskate- these Sims avoid lavish spending at all costs and get tense when having to spend large amounts of money (although I suppose Freegan comes close to this).

Spoilt- These Sims get angry when things don't go their way. They are prone to tantrums.

Fussy (as an adult trait)- These Sims are picky about everything from their food to where they hang out. They get tense when in an environment that's not to their liking.

Timid: these shy sims don't like to make too much noise. They run and hide from any fights or danger and get very embarrassed if they find themselves the centre of attention.

Macabre: these Sims have a fascination with all things creepy. They love horror and aren't bothered by gross things.

I love your ideas
  • Options
    🙂 I love the idea of a diva trait too. Never played the Sims 3 but the proper and rebellious traits sound like fun.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What about Speed Writer? I've noticed that when my Sim is in a flirty mood, I get her to write a romance novel but it takes so long to write the book that the mood wears off almost midway through writing.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    What about Speed Writer? I've noticed that when my Sim is in a flirty mood, I get her to write a romance novel but it takes so long to write the book that the mood wears off almost midway through writing.

That's a great idea. There's the speed reader reward trait so why not speed writer as well? And speed painter.
  • Options

That's a great idea. There's the speed reader reward trait so why not speed writer as well? And speed painter.

I think a lot of people would like that
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    The traits that I'd really like to see in the sims 4 are ones that affect a sims behaviour in a variety of situations rather than simply giving a moodlet buff or debuff. Though traits like unlucky would be good to have too.
  • Options
    I wish sims had a trait where they could nature walk right now only gardeners can do it
  • Options
    Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    I know there is mean and evil as a trait but it would be really cool if there was like a bully trait for sim children
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    I would mostly like to see the current traits improved and made stronger. All the emotional traits need an overhaul for example a new idle animation for each. Doesn't have to be idle, could also be something you click to make it happen, a bit of personality. They should also have moodlets powered +3 and not just +1 to make the trait more powerful. The tense moodlet could stick and grow stronger until the sim does something trait related to release it. For other traits I'd like improvements as well, but the emotional traits need them the most.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Gosh, yes, Unlucky is a trait I definitely miss from The Sims 3. I miss these ones as well: Rebellious, Nurturing, Neurotic, Insane, Eco-Friendly, Perceptive.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m thankful that I have mods for almost every trait mentioned! I love traits!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    a trait i went to see return in sims4 is the never nude trait from the sims3
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    If the traits from TS3 is returning to a TS4 and not just a new trait borrowing their names, i would totally love it! but if it's like any other TS4 traits, no thank you!
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Rebellious would be nice to have back as for eco friendly they put three traits for that in the eco
    pack @gothprincess4ever I agree @musteni Macabre is cool I think so to @telmarina
  • Options
    we also need the shy trait back this was pointed out by @CAPTAIN_NXR7 in another thread
    I do miss the Shy trait from TS3, because the sim occasionally showed that bashfulness in their movements.
    In TS4 they only get tense with a stranger danger moodlet.