Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Nightmare in Sulani

Hi! So I've been playing with Island Living more recently, and I have noticed that while I live in Sulani, the citizens of Sulani will descend upon my house at around 8pm every night - just coming into my house, cooking meals, sleeping in any available beds, etc. I do not have the ability to click on them to send them home, so they usually just stay the entire night and sometimes into the next day. It's not a social event like when they bring extra food, etc. it's just them coming into my house without knocking. This past time there was about 8 sims who just descended upon my house as if it was their own, and I'm wondering if this is normal? Thanks in advance for any response!

Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Use the Private Dwelling lot trait and lock the doors for everyone but household members. There is a different mentality in Sulani when it comes to privacy, and I understand it is intentional, an attempt at simulating real life local customs.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    That sucks! :-( I do like the little social events but the fact there’s no option to send them all home when they come over every night (without a social event) just makes it not worth it lol. Both of my sims in the household are asleep but the speed doesn’t go as fast bc there are awake sims on my lot - but I will try your solution and I hope they stay away!!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think this is more intense in the lot near the waterfall...? I had given up of playing this lot because of that.

Im nkw playing another lot and it doesn't happen.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    My sim used to wake up and there was some strange sim in the bathroom drinking water. Everyday it was the same one, eventually I locked the door to the bathroom. Next day he showed up, he went straight for the kitchen sink. :lol: I locked that door as well. :smile:
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's a bug that has been around since IL. I don't know how people interpreted the gurus talking about island culture and how they will come round with food or help to put out fires as 'sims you don't know will now walk into your house uninvited'. Get used to it if you have it because this bug is not just restricted to Sulani and will happen on other random lots round the world - mostly worlds released after Sulani - if you have this BUG.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Gosh, the only time my Sim is troubled by having others storm his room was when my young Global Superstar went to uni. The Paparazzi followed him just about everywhere he went. Sometimes, even the bathroom. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    That actually bugs me, too, but I think @Nindigo is right that it is part of the local culture. ✌️ ☮️
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    It's a bug that has been around since IL. I don't know how people interpreted the gurus talking about island culture and how they will come round with food or help to put out fires as 'sims you don't know will now walk into your house uninvited'. Get used to it if you have it because this bug is not just restricted to Sulani and will happen on other random lots round the world - mostly worlds released after Sulani - if you have this BUG.

right!! like even in Hawaii (by best friend from college lives in O'ahu) this is not how it is lol. I can understand social events such as "extra food" or when the mother died as "remembrance"...but coming literally every night as strangers into my home and sleeping? no, it makes no sense
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes it is and it's so annoying! They claim it's something with the world trait. But it's still super annoying.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I don't have this problem in Sulani or any of the other worlds. Weird.
    I wonder what's causing it?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I play Sulani almost exclusively at this point and I haven't had this issue. No matter where my sims live, I use the lock door feature though.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D