Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg help.... my file was not saved....

...today i played CAW for about 8 straight hours... and made my land at least 40% complete... (which includes textured terrains, a little bit lots, and effects) but when i saved it... the CAW program froze and died... and i've wasted 8 hours today.... is there a way to recover a file that was supposed to be saved (could be almost saved)? I am so angry!!

Comments

• Options
    teoSimmer3teoSimmer3 Posts: 317 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ......I don't think so.......
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited December 2009
    User>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 Create A World>UserToolData>Worlds

That's where your worlds are saved, including backups. I believe these backups are saved automatically, so there is a chance that there's one or two in that folder.

Goodluck.
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2009
    Save often, save again, save every two seconds

(No, seriously, save atleats every 20 minets)
  • Options
    TzmsimsTzmsims Posts: 126 Member
    edited December 2009
    A similar thing happened to me. Mine didn't freeze, but when I quit the edit in game mode it said "save failed". I lost about 2 hours of work. :(

It was either because I was using CC or because I had "moveobjects on" enabled. Not sure which.

To avoid this, I save in edit mode and THEN exit rather than hitting exit and then the save option. This way I can remove CC or disable cheats if the save fails and try to save again.