Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to install a world into Sims 3 (says already installed)

AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
Hi
I've made a new world base on the Riverview original map, (just to test CAW before I spend a million years building a world just to fing it doesn't work) but when I try to install it into Sims 3 it says install sucessful, package already installed. But it isn't showing on my neighbourhood list. I've written down below what I did in order, is there anything i'm forgetting or have done wrong? I've tried renaming the world and repeating the steps to no effect, and the world never shows up in my installed content section.
1) Save completed world
2)Export world
3)Open sims 3 launcher
4)Click on show file button once new world is highlighted in Exports section of launcher
5)Double click the new world file
6)Plumbob icon shows that package is installing
7)Sims 3 says package is already installed
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me because i'm desperate to start doing a proper world but don't want to devote all that time for nothing.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2009
    Same :x

I just spent the ages making a world from scratch and got the exact same thing.
    I tryed looking in the folder that it installs worlds and tryed veiwing hidden files and nothing in there.

Ive tryed re-naming, changing it slightly and re-saving with new name, coping the .world from the create a world floder to the sims 3 installed world folder

Nothing works, PLEASE EA, HELP!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I know what I am doing is right as I tryed out just the terrain, roads and lots in the game under another name and it worked fine. I then deleted it from the installed world folder in my documents, finneshed adding spawners, effects, decorations etc and now it wont work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CheckerPjsCheckerPjs Posts: 1,666 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Anonymous you did everything right, now you only have to open your game and when it loads you will see the option to choose which game you want to play, in the right side tehre will be a button (start new game) and click it, then you will have the list of neighborhoods availible for you to play and you will see the one you have installed there.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    YES, I looked in installed content and it had it listed there even though it wasnt installed. I just pressed uninstall, the sim 3 installer came up saying 'uninstall sucsseful, no file found'

And then it would just install. Not sure if his will help Anonymous b ut it fixed it for me
  • Options
    mshell772mshell772 Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2009
    This happened to me once also, what I had to do was delete the file from teh downloads folder, it never showed up in the installed worlds folder, then I deleted the dccache folder, then reinstalled the world, and it worked. Keep in mind deleting the dccache gets rid of the installed things from your launcher, but you can "select all" and install those right back and it makes a new dccache folder.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    why delete the dcchachee?

Just move it to the desktop, do what you have to do and put it back where you got it. Much easer then re-installing 50 thousand odd downloads back into the game
  • Options
    MaxisPaxisMaxisPaxis Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    This has likely been solved, however - After getting that same error I checked in the 'Export' folder within' Documents>Electronic Arts>Export and located my install package. Double clicking the world's install package will prompt the Sims 3 Installer auto play and your world should be available there after via the 'New Game' button.
  • Options
    Tito_Zamora1996Tito_Zamora1996 Posts: 12
    edited July 2011
    I Tried To export my World But It Just Says It has no file , description and a thumbnail
  • Options
    sims3mariannesims3marianne Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hey!

Im in desperate need of help here!
    I have the same problem and i cannot for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong!
    exported fine, blahblahblah
    installed fine...

but will not show up in my game!
    honestly its really getting on my nervs now, ive made worlds before and this has never happend! please if any1 can help me i will love you FOREVER!

xx
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited December 2012
    Just gonna copy and paste what I told someone else...

It is a known compatibility issue between CAW and the latest patch :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/604830.page#9737382