Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Many Job offer calls

SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
What’s up with the increase of job offer calls? Recently I noticed my sim getting a job offer almost every sim hour. She’s already maxed out in her current career and the calls are asking her to switch to a level 5 job. Like why would she take a demotion to job she’s not even interested in. I just don’t get it.
Post edited by SimsSlay on

Comments

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Its because they "reduced" the number of calls we get in the last patch. But all that seems to have happened is the social calls eg. Dates, npc parties, festivals and concerts and get famous things like charity / lampoon invites and blind dates dont happen so all the other calls increased especially job invites and those annoying i noticed you became friends with calls.

I think it should have been the opposite way around. Some challenges rely on invites to dates and events and I can't play them at present. Also it makes all the other sims seem even more lifeless if that were possible. I loved seeing who wanted to date my sim or ask them out.

I hope they look at it and balance it out some more.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think job offer calls are somehow related to reputation, if im not wrong...
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’m getting them pretty often now, too. These should be very rare. I’m relieved the phone calls are generally toned down. I’m still getting invites out - just not every day like before.
    If you want someone to invite you out somewhere, try texting them. They usually call and want to meet up
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Its because they "reduced" the number of calls we get in the last patch. But all that seems to have happened is the social calls eg. Dates, npc parties, festivals and concerts and get famous things like charity / lampoon invites and blind dates dont happen so all the other calls increased especially job invites and those annoying i noticed you became friends with calls.

I think it should have been the opposite way around. Some challenges rely on invites to dates and events and I can't play them at present. Also it makes all the other sims seem even more lifeless if that were possible. I loved seeing who wanted to date my sim or ask them out.

Omg no wonder I got no invites! That's why I hate when simmers complain about features I like. I enjoyed all the invites 😒😢 i went on a lot of nice dates. hate the job calls as I don't even do the careers
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I wish we could turn them off completely. My sims usually already have jobs. I'm not going to just switch to a new one.
  • Options
    skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    One of my sims seems to get a lot of them... she's at the top of the Doctor career track and has a pristine reputation. Her girlfriend is at level 8 in the Culinary career track with a good reputation and hasn't had any calls yet so I've always assumed that the higher the reputation, the more calls they get.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I think job offer calls are somehow related to reputation, if im not wrong...

I think so, they come very often when my Sim has a pristine reputation.
  • Options
    FallsmyerFallsmyer Posts: 22 Member
    I think they need to rework the job offers it a way that actually makes them enticing, or at least considerable. As many of you have mentioned, you are usually already at (or near) the top of your chosen career and only being offered a Level 5 position in a career that you aren't really interested in. If they are going to pouch you from your chosen career, then they should have the new job offer include a single step down (so if you are level 10, then they offer a level 9 position) and a cash bonus. Make the job offer enticing!!
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »

I don't get any invite calls anymore. It's kind of a bummer. I do get a lot of annoying job calls though.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I don't even mind the job offer calls so much. At least those are calls you can interact with. I do like my sims getting invited to things.

The calls I continue to hate are those congratulating you on becoming friends with another sim. Who does that? Why? And it's always sims who don't even know each other. My own BABY called me to say X sim was pretty cool. How would the baby know? Babies don't know anybody.
    Post edited by j1z1 on
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't even mind the job offer calls so much. At least those are calls you can interact with. I do like my sims getting invited to things.

The calls I continue to hate are those congratulating you on becoming friends with another sim. Who does that? Why? And it's alwats sims who don't even know each other. My own BABY called me to say X sim was pretty cool. How would the baby know? Babies don't know anybody.

Or when the ghosts of deceased Sims, who were friends of my sim, call and offer their condolences. xD
  • Options
    SimsSlaySimsSlay Posts: 57 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »

The calls I continue to hate are those congratulating you on becoming friends with another sim. Who does that? Why? And it's alwats sims who don't even know each other. My own BABY called me to say X sim was pretty cool. How would the baby know? Babies don't know anybody.

Yeah those are horrible too. I’m also annoyed by the calls to make a donation.