Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get triplets?

I have only gotten triplets once, on accident. I had my pregnant sim get a fertility massage.

On this save, however, I’ve only gotten two single babies and a set of twins. I had my sim get a fertility massage, ended up with twins. Now I had both of my sims get the fertility reward, and only got a single baby.

I don’t want to give the new baby up for adoption, but I really wanted triplets. My couple now has four babies, I can at most only get twins if I have them try for a baby.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I do not know of a cheat for this. Best I can recommend is to stack all your advantages: fertility reward, fertility massage, on a ley line lot trait - anything that boosts multiple birth chances, all on top of each other. Triplets are rare.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    There aren't any ways (that I'm aware of) to increase your odds of triplets.

There are things like the "fertile" reward trait, the fertility massage that came with spa day, or the on ley line lot trait that increase your Sim's chances of having multiples, but there is no way to increase the chances of triplets vs. twins. I've been playing the same save for 5 years. I've had 3 sets of triplets in all that time. They are very rare.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    xMarianx wrote: »
    I have only gotten triplets once, on accident. I had my pregnant sim get a fertility massage.

On this save, however, I’ve only gotten two single babies and a set of twins. I had my sim get a fertility massage, ended up with twins. Now I had both of my sims get the fertility reward, and only got a single baby.

I don’t want to give the new baby up for adoption, but I really wanted triplets. My couple now has four babies, I can at most only get twins if I have them try for a baby.

There is a complicated cheat to get triplets or more it you want. I haven't used it, but I can put the codes here.

Make sure testing cheats is on then:

You will need the sims ID #
    To find that type:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name (enter Sim's name here)

I would recommend copy and pasting the number somewhere or at least writing it down.
    Then:

pregnancy.force_offspring_count {Sim ID} #

For # you would put 3 if you want triplets.

Keep in mind you can't leave the current active household until the babies are born or it nullifies the code you put in.
    It would look something like this:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name Jane Janeway

A number comes up. Then:

pregnancy.force_offspring_count 1476478568459745877 3
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    @Admiral8Q I have to try that next time. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    divsimsdivsims Posts: 8 New Member
    I heard eating animal crackers helps!
  • Options
    Princesskadybug08Princesskadybug08 Posts: 6 New Member
    @Admiral8Q do you get a pop up or anything to let you know it worked?
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Modding makes it simple, If you use mccc you can change the number of babies born and what gender they all are.
  • Options
    @Admiral8Q do you get a pop up or anything to let you know it worked?

No, you don't get a notice unless you made a typo in putting in the code.
    You know it worked when triplets (or what ever number) are born. ;)

Occasionally I want a baby/babies to be born right away instead of in 12 days (That's what I have pregnancy set at now, heh!)
    If you want the babies to be born right away, select the pregnant sim and put in this code:

sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't like to type all that stuff. I have MCCC and if I wanted triplets all I have to click on my pregnant Sim and open the MCCC menu and select pregnancy options. Here I can choose the number of babies and if I want boys, girls or any combination. The mod does it for me without all the typing. You can also pause the pregnancy, pick the trimester and/or force labor at anytime. I can also make any sim pregnant at anytime including alien pregnancy for men. Once my Sim is pregnant through game play or the mod I can look and see what they are having and how many at anytime and change it I want too. I can even choose a single Sim who is not in a relationship and make them pregnant. You don't have to get all the modules that MCCC has. You just need the main controller mod and the pregnancy module.
  • Options
    @AnnLee87 Hey! That's awesome! If that's how you like to play. :)
    Personally, I've been using 'cheat' codes less and less other than to set up a character or characters or a household, then let things play out. I have mods that make things run smoother or more interesting also. (Many thanks to many people here for help on this) MCCC sometimes conflicts so I've gone back to basic MCCC. Mainly for the age span setting.

Spontaneous pregnancy and forcing how many 'pop out' instantly is not really my thing when playing the game. I prefer a reason in-game to how the babies were conceived and born. I do occasionally tweak them for girl/boy when they are toddler with cas.fulleditmode, but I've been doing that hardly ever now. The surprise is more fun now that I have a bunch of families, households, already established. And at 5 or 6 generations for some of my originals.

I do alot of custom tweaking with a brand new family or household until I feel they are underway. Especially after buying up packs with new Worlds and new pre-mades. Go through and see if I want any to play or at least stay NPC. After that the occasional minor tweak here and there.

That being said, the main question here was how to force triplets.

It's been answered, I hope to satisfaction. Either use a heavy mod like MCCC that does the 'god' work for you, or temporarily use testingcheat codes. ;):smiley:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LittleOldPotatoLittleOldPotato Posts: 24 Member
    I'm not sure. My female has the fertility reward trait and I try to get her to watch children's tv but she's only ever had single babies. Five times. And they were all boys. Eventhough I try to get her to listen to pop music. We've gone strawberry hunting several times but we can never harvest them. It's really annoying. I'm hoping for twins or triplets soon. Here are the tips I've gathered:
    •Make both parent sims have the fertility reward trait
    •Make the pregnant sim listen to children's radio, watch children's tv or read children's books
    • If you have Spa Day (I think it's that one) hey a fertility massage
    • I think that's all
    I hope this has helped! :smiley:
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I had triplets recently, my second set very far in between. Lot had fertility trait, but I did nothing else to have those triplets. It's very rare, but happens. I had close to hundred babies between first and second set of triplets.
  • Options
    FrubblesFrubbles Posts: 11 New Member
    With MCCC Pregnancy mod you can do it. Or with Enable All Cheats mod, you can use the cheats mentioned. Otherwise, just use the lot traits etc to increase the chance of multiple births. Twins are still most likely. Carl's Sims 4 Guide has more detailed info.