Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can pathways change over time or have they with patches?

I have a lot for planting perfect plants so I dont have to grow them on each lot individually over and over again. But recently I noticed my sims cant harvest the trees anymore. In one corner the sim cant even stay on the path but rather walks through rocks and then makes the "I cant get there" bubble. Im positive that I checked all paths and trees when I built the lot and I cant figure out why the trees are suddenly unreachable.

It looks like this:
38859623aa.jpg

There is no obvious object in the path, the path is wide enough for a sim to pass through and the tree faces towards the path. I have lots with smaller path ways and dont experience this problem. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I notice in my game there is a house I am playing in eco living and it is not a huge house, but it is a two story, and the clipping is terrible. Like they will walk through a wall, through my couch etc. Here is an example. There should be plenty of room for the tot to not have to clip through the couch, but there you go. I have seen my sim clip through counters when a dog is in the way instead of waiting for them to move. I haven't played any other houses, so not sure if it is a thing in the game in general or not. So it could be related to what you are experiencing. Maybe a bug? I do have a few mods and cc, but never had it this bad before.

OhZb7J5.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If I tell my Sim to ride his bike around outside, when he’s done, he pulls up onto his lot but directly outside of his bedroom, parks his bike, and walks right through the wall to get to bed. Skip the front gate, skip the front door. It’s ridiculous. I hate seeing Sims clipping through objects.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I hate seeing Sims clip through objects and other Sims but I feel I would rather have some clipping than the toe tapping Sims from Sims 3 who couldn't get past anything and they wouldn't keep trying.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @Zasz Have you harvested during fall before? I noticed that the park I built for all my plants has routing issues until I have my Sim rakes all the leaves. Also, they wont use the grill if leaves are on the ground by it. I used the park lot in San Myshuno. It was not always like this but something changed.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I notice in my game there is a house I am playing in eco living and it is not a huge house, but it is a two story, and the clipping is terrible. Like they will walk through a wall, through my couch etc. Here is an example. There should be plenty of room for the tot to not have to clip through the couch, but there you go. I have seen my sim clip through counters when a dog is in the way instead of waiting for them to move. I haven't played any other houses, so not sure if it is a thing in the game in general or not. So it could be related to what you are experiencing. Maybe a bug? I do have a few mods and cc, but never had it this bad before.

OhZb7J5.png

Oh, that looks painful!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »

OhZb7J5.png

Oh, that looks painful!

Yeah I bet it is. lol I mean this clipping is constant. Driving me nuts.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    @Zasz Have you harvested during fall before? I noticed that the park I built for all my plants has routing issues until I have my Sim rakes all the leaves. Also, they wont use the grill if leaves are on the ground by it. I used the park lot in San Myshuno. It was not always like this but something changed.
    Im not sure. But I just tried to get rid of all leaves with two sims and that particular spot is sometimes not accessible, sometimes it is. But the trees are always unavailable.
    There are no special objects on the lot, no hidden stuff, no CC, just normal game items.

I moved the tree in question to another location and I can harvest just fine. There is another plant, a mushroom, which wasnt accessible either. I had to move it right on the path to harvest it. The original location is completely inaccessible for my sims. I cant even get the menu to show up for them to move into the empty spot.

Its like there is something there, its just not visible but blocking the spot.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    Did you possibly elevate the ground in a way that keeps them from walking in that direction? Doesn't look like it, but thought I'd throw it out there.
  • Options
    No, I didnt touch the ground on that lot.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    You're lucky, after this last patch, I had to delete all my Sims gardens, the plants turn into seeds again when they reach a certain point. After that the won't grow anymore and the interactions are greyed out.

And by the way, I don't have the Eco pack, I wouldn't want it if it was free!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    I dont have the eco pack either. And so far its the only garden with issues and I have many gardens. Its my speciality :blush:
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've had problems harvesting a few plants that I'd been able to in the past after one of the Eco Living patches. Seasons hadn't changed or anything since the last time I'd harvested, so I assume it's some sort of bug.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I am getting quite a few routing errors lately which rarely used to happen in sims 4 and none of them make sense - for a while there will be no problem and then suddenly a routing error. Something has changed but do not know what.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    I have a lot for planting perfect plants so I dont have to grow them on each lot individually over and over again. But recently I noticed my sims cant harvest the trees anymore. In one corner the sim cant even stay on the path but rather walks through rocks and then makes the "I cant get there" bubble. Im positive that I checked all paths and trees when I built the lot and I cant figure out why the trees are suddenly unreachable.

It looks like this:
    38859623aa.jpg

There is no obvious object in the path, the path is wide enough for a sim to pass through and the tree faces towards the path. I have lots with smaller path ways and dont experience this problem. Any ideas?

Oh boy, something else to look forward to. You could try turning on testingcheats and teleport to the spot. Maybe once you've tended the plant it might reset the spot.
  • Options
    There is another spot on the lot where the sims walk through the stones because there is a bench at the edge and they get hungry all the time.
    And another plant, left center on the screenshot, other path, right on the other side of the stone, a mushroom plant. Had to move it on the path to harvest it.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    You might just have to replace the lot. Hopefully you have a copy in your library. You could put all the plants in your sims household inventory and then switch them out so you don't have to start with new ones. Sorry you're having this problem, I hope you can get it sorted out.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Zasz If you want to upload the lot to the galley, I'd be interested in having a look at it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    @Admiral8Q Its in my catalog called "useful plants". But thats an older version. I upload the current version too.