Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get back to China

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
My sim has been to China three times...eventually she stayed home to start a family and now wants to return to China to finish some things up. Unfortunately when attempting to travel to China it's stuck on the loading screen and never loads into China. I've tried multiple different times. I've cleared Sims 3 Cache files. I've "Save As..." the save game and tried to travel again but nothing has worked. She cannot for some reason return to China.
I've searched google but any able to find anything that helps.
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Do you use mods? Would you be willing to add NRaas Traveler? It replaces the fragile EA version of the travel transition with one that actually works most of the time. NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch help a lot too, although there's only so much they can do about a broken travel transition without Traveler also installed.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ok I thought the Traveler mod was for something else. I'll go ahead and get it. Do you think it will fix this specific issues or is China broken forever on this save?

EDIT: She made it back to China!
    Post edited by Summerbear5 on
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I think it's impossible to tell what the problem is at this stage. China could be broken, or your sim's homeworld, or something in her inventory; or it's just that your save is now complicated enough for the travel transition itself to fail for no other reason. If adding Traveler doesn't help, there are still plenty of other steps you can take before writing off travel to China entirely.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Just to explain here, the world transition mechanism on the game is fragile. If the slightest thing goes wrong behind the scenes or either the world being traveled from or traveled to has become too complicated for the mechanism to handle, errors that we can't see start generating and things that are supposed to happen either do not or get processed out of order with the result that in these cases either the destination is never reached or it is but the traveling sim(s) become not selectable. This can happen just as easily when it's time to return home, with the net effect that the traveling sim(s) are stuck in the foreign world (including Uni or Oasis) and can't leave.

NRaas Traveler quietly redoes the programming of the transition to make it far less prone to errors, and Overwatch and ErrorTrap help it along more so by cleaning things up after arrival and the next save (as) and reload. The other features that Traveler offers, such as being able to vacation or move to other worlds properly, bring pets along, travel with sims who are pregnant, etc., are above and beyond the redone travel transition coding.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Thank you! The Traveler worked for me and she was able to get back into China.
    angrycat.gif