Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who/What Is Your Avatar and Why?

DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
I've seen a lot of people's avatars be sims (obviously) but also real-life people/fan art and whenever I see an avatar I wonder what that particular avatar means to someone. Did they choose it because they thought it was pretty, is it something special to them or is it just fun? So, I thought I'd make it a topic. I didn't make this in any of the Sims boards because I want all games to be included and I didn't want to exclude people who don't have a sim as their avatar.

Let's talk about my avatar first. There is clearly a wedding going on and the sim on the left is Lucy Amador/Villareal/now Rocca. She started out as a golddigger, got married to Jacques Villareal and then a while after he died of laughter, she remarried Paolo. She was one of my favourite sims to play. The sim on the right is Paolo and I honestly couldn't care less about him, I just thought it was a pretty picture and I like the look Lucy is giving to the camera.

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I chose my avatar based on my name, which is the same as my Origin account, and the reason I chose such a silly name in the first place is that all my usual nicknames were already taken when I made said account. So I decided to be the grumpy blowfish enemy from Resident Evil, which you see in my avatar. (And even then I had to change it to "Glowfish" because "Grumpy Blowfish" was taken as well.)
  • Options
    gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    My avatar is Evelyn from my Simstagram (https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4). Evelyn is the third sister in Generation 2! She is now a YA and earns her money via selling honey and flowers/plants.
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    At the moment it's my selfsim. I made a portrait pose and was happy with the edited screenshot so I used it. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    It's been 4 months since I visited the forums, I changed my profile picture to one of my sim's illustration :smile: One of my "friend" and a personal favorite.

I know it's stupid of me to say this, this sim I have here, Sarah R. is, er, a long time imaginary friend of mine. Imaginary. I'm speechless how someone finishing their high school years still have imaginary friends... it's just how it worked for me, whatever you might think here.

On the portrait/picture itself, it's actually one of my first colored picture of someone's face. It was awkward to start so I decided to skip the details and focus solely on lights and colors. Not showing those also gave a neater, friendlier feel, since Sarah is quite electric of people, to say :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited June 2020
    My currently avatar is one of my sim Brian Sicat's fan art by myself. In my sim story, he's born with savant syndrome, so he has great art talent but low IQ. He once a human, he met his shock rocker girlfriend Haze Bui in a concert. Haze is a yandere, she's always overprotecting him. One day Brian accidentally turned into fairy because his low IQ. Haze and Brian moved to Moonlight Falls to find more fairy.
    YOUR CUTIE IS 🌺🌺🌺🌺ING GET UP
    YnPpbq.jpg

YOUR CUTIE IS 🌺🌺🌺🌺ING TENSE
    YnPPaV.jpg

Your cutie is fine.
    YnPSrn.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    My avatar is Roger Taylor (left) and Brian May (right) from the band Queen. Queen means a lot to me & has for a long time. So with my love for the boys, particularly Roger and Brian, I decided to use them both as my avatar and put Roger, my favorite, in my signature! I really love them, like a lot. So I'm just showing off my love for Queen!
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    It's a painting that I did of Kyle Hollis from this gorgeous photoshoot and I really loved how it turned out.

aa372912c7c8c62ad8c6c2297542e40e9ec4c55b.jpg

He's a singer from the band Picturesque, by the way.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mine is from the MMO I play. SWTOR. She is my smuggler named Kaila, who is married to a Jedi (my real life boyfriend lol) and this picture was taken in their home on Nar Shadda. This is just one of the outfits I have for Kaila. I have about 16 outfits and am very thankful for the outfit designer that they came out with quite awhile ago, though I still need more. Nope, 16 is not enough lol.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I changed mine to Iron Man after Avengers Endgame for obvious reason to those who’ve seen it. He’s not my favorite Super hero but I was looking to change my avatar. It’s been awhile and I probably need to change it again
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    This is my Sim-self. I meant for him to be a background character in my main save but I grew fond of the faces he makes. He’s not pretty but he’s a Super Sim—so at least he’s got that going for him. :#
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    These four in my avatar are the first Sims 4 family I really got into playing. When I first got Sims 4 I was going through a serious lack of motivation to do anything creative (I'm a writer and illustrator part time but have mainly been writing this past year or so).
    Writing little story/ comedy scenes about these four characters helps my motivation to keep creating (want to eventually set up my own business).
    They're fun to write about because they are such a clash of personalities.

Clockwise from top left:
    Norrell Quest - self proclaimed 'Lord of Mischief', skillful at picking locks, and causer of most of the family's problems;
    Tadeo Quest - Norrell's twin brother, who really just wants a quiet life as a writer, without any magical disasters;
    Leoni Strange - a playful, music loving prankster, whose eccentricities rival Norrell's;
    Rhydia Strange - Leoni's twin sister. Smart, strong and often the peacekeeper of the household.
    All started out as warlocks moving to the human realm.
  • Options
    firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    My avatar is Calum Hood from the band Five Seconds of Summer. It's a bit cliche, but I discovered the band through the song Amnesia and instantly fell in love with his voice & personality. I actually draw a lot of inspiration from him and the songs he writes; especially when it comes to my other hobbies (ex: video editing).
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited June 2020
    This avatar is Momiji Inubashiri from Touhou. I just like cute things, and wolves so it went together well.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Just changed mine today, she is the founder of my current family. Her name is Emily Jones and she is just a bin Sim that came with the basegame Sims 3. I edited her to my liking and she had a long life with her husband, son, and daughter. She is deceased now, as you can tell from her ghost and the 5th generation of her family will be coming up very soon.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    This avatar of mine is a sim I created almost 2 years ago, when I downloaded a new glasses CC specifically for him (along with glasses sliders mod so that I could change the size of lenses to fit his facial feature better than default ones) since I really got kinda tired of the ones he used to wear from the vanilla game and wanted to give him a new (or, at least a slightly different) look. Don't think I've ever given him a name yet.

He was supposed to be a minor antagonist in a sim story I wrote and it would be fair for one to assume that he quickly became one of my favourite sims I made for that story. However, the project was eventually scrapped due to my busy time schedule and growing school work. He still lives in my CAS library, where he's been stuck all this time.

I would need to ask him to be patient with me before I could add him to that story I had promised years ago. Maybe I'll get back to writing the story I never finished so he could get out of CAS thanks to COVID. He must have got really stir-crazy from all these years of imprisonment, oops. :grimace:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Plumbob
    Because I am not a full member
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sims I'm playing, currently it's undercover alien with the mission to pollute Evergreen Harbour, much to Knox's dismay.