Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning Don t Bulldoze the Community Project Lots

So I bulldozed one of the community project lots and changed it to community. I changed my mind and changed it back to community project and the EA Premade choices were gone.

I was required to put what I needed to for the lot to work right. The 4 premade lots wern t available and not even in my library.

Happened on PS4 Pro but the same bug might be on PC.

Comments

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    How is that a bug? It just sounds like the community lots aren't in the gallery. Can't you just go to a new save, save the lot to your library, and put it down in your current save?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Actually, someone did put the original (untouched) Community Project lots in the gallery.

Their name in the gallery is MarleyTheWizard
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=MarleyTheWizard&max=50&maxis=false

• Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2020
    This is not a "bug" in the game no matter what format you are playing EL on now. Whenever you go to bulldoze a Community Lot, there is a pop-up warning that says, "If you bulldoze this lot, you will lose all of the subsets of pre-made lots" -- meaning the 4 subset lots that are available. So you should have seen this before you bulldozed. Also, it's always a good idea to READ the new rules/guidelines for any EP/GP/SP BEFORE you do any in-depth game playing.

Carl's Sims 4 Guide would have told you this same thing... so next time, do your research preparation before doing something that will bork your game.

#TheMoreYouKnow
    Post edited by SnowWolf58 on
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’ve bulldozed two Community Project lots already in Evergreen Harbour. 😱 I didn’t like them.
    I got the same warning, (you will loose the four sub divisions etc) but I pressed ok.

As I wanted other community spaces, a prison (serving as the library!) in the shipping zone and a pool (a luxury green fest) in the green part.

Only Conifer Station (neutral) has a community project lot and I don’t know which sub section I’ll go for. 🤔

I’ve saved the Conifer Station one as I like the layout of that, I have that if I must have a community project lot.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    How is that a bug? It just sounds like the community lots aren't in the gallery. Can't you just go to a new save, save the lot to your library, and put it down in your current save?

I had heard those lots came with the game in our libaries.