Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a recycling bin?

HoneydewHoneydew Posts: 520 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
I was wondering if there was a recycling bin? If there is I sure cant find one. I'm only asking cause when I was creating a sim one of the personality or whatever options mentioned recycling. So I was just wondering how that works?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited June 2020
    No there isnt, the recycling trait makes your Sim want to put items into the recycling machine thing. It’s in the outdoor activities section in buy mode I think.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Not a specific bin. If there is a garbage bin on the home lot there should be an option to 'sort recyclables'/ 'sort compostables'. When I first dl'd EL I saw it on the big dumpster in Port Promise once or twice, but then it switched to the 'dive' stuff and I haven't seen it since. I placed a few dumpsters on a community lot and all I get are the 'dive' options too.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    Such an odd choice for an Eco Lifestyle pack to not even give us a nice green labelled tub or something similar as a decorative item at least. Nothing says Eco like a recycling bin. Except maybe Al Gore...
  • Options
    JoradsonJoradson Posts: 9 New Member
    It would've been great to have another bin added t othe game as a recycling bin, so your sim won't have to actually buy a recycler if they want to be more eco-friendly but still have a rather 'normal' house from the outside haha.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Kinda weird they didn't include one in a recycled themed pack. Hmm.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I still don’t get why there isn’t one. That would have been nice. And more realistic than having a recycling machine...

Be careful, sims with the recycling trait need to recycle often. If you don’t have them recycle for a while, they’ll autonomously take their own stuff and recycle it, which is very annoying. Like my sim recycled her own computer.....

• Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    @joRN1414 the losts with the dumpsters must have the reuse and recycle lot trait for the other options to show up. Another simmer informed me of this in a post I wrote.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Wait I thought this was an obvious choice for a pack like this? The way TS3 did it 10 years ago?? One bin for rubbish and one for recyclables?? Glad I haven't bought the pack yet it keeps disappointing me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top