March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poorly decorated (ECO life )

No matter what Eco life walpaper and floor combo I use I get the poorly decorated moodlet from all my sims. Is there a certain combo that needs to be together to avoid this?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    No matter what Eco life walpaper and floor combo I use I get the poorly decorated moodlet from all my sims. Is there a certain combo that needs to be together to avoid this?

Have you maybe missed a little bit? I'm sure they said that sims would now get that moodlet if you just had drywall.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    As far as I can see nothing was missed, I'm starting a new save file to see if I can fix it
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    my sim has that moodlet all the time. maybe it has something to do with her personality?

-Yarden.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    ooh, interesting. I need to try this
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    "Life is like a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

😍 That’s a favorite film in my household, and one of my better half’s favorite lines specifically. Bonus points to you!! 👍🏻

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,858 Member
    I also got this for first time o_O
    made me so angry cause i used so much time on that build :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I still haven't been able to find a solution to this, started a new save but same is happening in this one
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I thought it it depends on other decor too? Paintings, furniture, maybe even lighting?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RanookRanook Posts: 2 New Member
    I haven't even bought this eco life thing, and yet i'm constantly getting this moodlet. I would really like it to stop honestly
  • OnemelamiOnemelami Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm getting this moodlet for the first time in places where I used the new content but I can't figure out which pack it's coming from since I bought a bunch at the same time. Very frustrating to have my Sims constantly uncomfortable :(
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Check your wallpapers and floors in build mode. Some have negative environment on them.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 991 Member
    My sim snob got a variation on this which seemed better when I put a picture on the wall.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Industrial wallpaper and floor will lower it and eco friendly wallpaper and floor will raise it. Certain floors and walls are more fire starters now too which can be fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OnemelamiOnemelami Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for figuring this out! I added eco friendly items to balance out the industrial items, now they're happy :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Onemelami wrote: »
    Thanks for figuring this out! I added eco friendly items to balance out the industrial items, now they're happy :)
    No problem. Only way I know is from watching the livestream and playing it a bit in my game. It is a pretty cool setup how it works like an advanced version of Sims 1 environment needs bar, so I am enjoying it quite a bit.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Thanks I'll try that :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm working on a hobbit house for a Sim. It has tons of flowers and trees outside. When I first put a Sim outside the house, he got the "poorly decorated" moodlet. Talk about picky!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MrRocMrRoc Posts: 4 New Member
    Having only just gotten this moodlet start to appear (I only recently purchased four of the items on special), this was the first hit when I Googled the appearance of it in a new house. No matter where my sims are outdoors on the lot, they get the moodlet regardless of flora or outdoor furnishings.
    Inside of the house, it appears to be a random thing. Sim A will walk down the hall and suddenly get it for (I think it's) 3 SimHours. After it goes, they can walk down the same hall and nothing. They can stop in various rooms along the hall and nothing. They can go upstairs and walk into their bedroom and BOOM! Poorly decorated. That will go and they can go down the hall for no sign of it, then enter one of those various rooms and BOOM! Poorly decorated. After it has gone, they can go back to their bedroom and nothing. Go to the kitchen that they all use often and BOOM! Poorly decorated.
    Sims B & C can go into the same rooms and only rarely get the moodlet, but will get them in other random rooms. What's more, they can all be sitting at the table eating dinner and one will suddenly have the moodlet half way through the meal. I tried putting them all in the same room one room at a time until all rooms were checked, leaving them there for 1 SimHour, and one sim will randomly get the moodlet, and very rarely two might get it. All three have never gotten the moodlet at the same time.

Having read the above I see that I have no floors or walls or objects with a negative Environment rating. They are either no rating given, 1-5 Environment, or no less (flooring) than minimal Environment bonus, while some also have a high fire resistance and/or some kind of Eco bonus. I have nothing to swap out???
    I have added 10s of thousands of decorations with high Environment ratings in the rooms the moodlets initially appeared to no avail and soon stopped and sold much of it off as it was draining my sim's savings very quickly. Furthermore, since the moodlet appeared, none of those ultra high decorated rooms attracted a positive 'Nicely decorated' moodlet, something they always had in their old house (they kept all of their old stuff and it is now in the new place).

So I don't know what's going on. At least I have an answer as to what new download caused it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I downloaded a $250,000 mansion with tons of decorations. Two out of three Sims have a constant Poorly Decorated moodlet. The house is designed after a famous Case Study house by a renowned architect. The floors and walls do not have negative values. I even decorated the outside of the pool to try to get rid of the stupid moodlet. It's driving me crazy!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Snob Sims are harder to please now when it comes to decorating. I miss the old way, and wish you had the choice, yes they have an option to unchecked this happening but it totally takes it away, not just new way. I hate it like this. Rooms I worked really hard to get +2 or +3 beautiful are now maybe a 1 if that? And now you have to be more choosing in wallpaper and floor to get points to environment instead of making it look pretty and not all the same
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I dont use just certain packs when decorating, I use something from nearly all of them, I choose what I like for that house or room. If I was sitting in it or sleeping in it etc what would I like keeping within the colour scheme I want. I place a few cheap pics and those small stacks of books that now work as a bookcase. My sims always love where they live and I always get a nicely decorated. I also use those huge windows in all of my builds. i find the rooms too dark otherwise even with bright lights. and I like the view outside. just because they live in a messy town doesn't mean they have to have an industrial look or feel to their home. I didn't know that some wall paper can makes fires easier though, thanks for the info on that.