Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generating Power & Water

SweetK411SweetK411 Posts: 91 Member
Hi just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with generating power off the grid. I have put down a power generator, wind turbine and dew collector but it's not generating nothing and i also need to sell power as part of aspiration and it's not letting me do that either. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I think you must fuel the power generator. By dumpster diving, then recycling, your household will earn "bits and pieces" which you can see by hovering over the household Simoleons (down left UI). I did not try the dew collector yet, but assuming it takes some time to fill before it can contribute to water supply. They are not instant things, but "bills details" should show the appliances contribution.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    If you have an insect farm you can also create insect bio-fuel which you can use to power your generators :)
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    I'm off the grid and have two turbines & four dew collectors & they all work fine. Let me think on this.
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Have you turned auto sell off? My off grid lot supplies seemed to last much better once I’d done this, and the reserve started to build up which allowed me to sell to complete the aspiration. I don’t have the generator but use solar panels & roof with 2 of the better dew collectors - I dint have many appliances either though so guess that makes a difference
  • Options
    Yep i tried to turn off auto sell and had it like that for ages still wasn't able to sell.

I have a power generator and added fuel still never worked but ill try get the insect bio fuel and add more wind turbines and see if that helps.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :)
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    SweetK411 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with generating power off the grid. I have put down a power generator, wind turbine and dew collector but it's not generating nothing and i also need to sell power as part of aspiration and it's not letting me do that either. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

For what it's worth: I came here earlier looking for an answer to this very question. Didn't find one. Then....

I went back to my game. I bought 8 new generators and randomly filled some with regular fuel (from recycling) and some with bio-fuel (from insects).

Then I pushed the "Red Button."

That started a fire and burned 3 three of my generations. I replaced them and started them up again (apparently the replacements came fully fueled). Now they seem to be producing power. I have no idea what triggered it.

Maybe just fueling them up, stopping and starting them would work without setting everything on fire.
  • Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Im so confused. So basically depending on what the NAP is, the Community Space will evolve into the lot that supports the NAP?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The power doesn't automatically happen. The fuel gives stages of power and it tells you when you've run out of excess and that is when it needs more fuel. I've had no issues
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use bits n pieces to fuel mine bc the insects are too needy for me ATM, I'm not sure why it's not letting you do those things as I have 2 generators, solar panels, wind turbine water collector and 2 dew collectors, and they seem to help. Hope it gets fixed for you
    Post edited by smurfy77 on
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    Im so confused. So basically depending on what the NAP is, the Community Space will evolve into the lot that supports the NAP?

There's an option on the board in the community space to vote on what you want the space to be (garden, maker, market), but you can only vote on it during the voting period in the neighborhood you live in. So my sim in Grim's Quarry was able to get that one turned into a community garden, but I had to use cheats and borrow the premade sims in the other neighborhoods to turn those community spaces into the other two. The community space won't change automatically, and it also seems like NPCs (if you have it enabled) will only vote on community spaces after you've placed the first vote.
  • Options
    so it's working now finally but say's i used all power within seconds. Soo frustrating :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top