Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm back after 84 years with a *completed* tiny world!

Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
It's been a lifetime since I did any world building but, stuck indoors with not much else to do I got right back into it!

So I'd like to present the super small, Greystone Island...

YRTOrJ5.jpg

JYYxtvD.jpg

KSbbchy.jpg

Okay, I really don't know if anyone is interested in downloading this (or even if anyone still plays this game, phew!), but the idea was I really just needed a super small and convenient world so I can keep an eye on my Sim families. Plus the smaller the world, the smoother it runs.

Lots: 20 Total
- 6 Residential: 5 built and fully furnished plus 1 relatively empty "legacy" lot (40x40).
- 9 Community: Including 2 beaches, 1 Fishing spot, 1 Hangout (A shopping mall with all of the registers and community objects required, such as library and gym equipment etc), 2 bars (local watering hole and fusion lounge), Festival lot, port, and 1 lot with basic rabbit holes.
- 5 totally empty lots for whatever extra you require in your game!

World was created using ALL EP's & SP's, however many features haven't been included (eg no diving lots, resorts or ITF lots built).
It also uses a fair bit of store content although the world should run smoothly without these (might look a bit odd in places due to default replacements - but easily fixable).
World also uses some CC (Around The Sims3 Liberated Rocks, Gelina Double Sided Retaining Walls and Jynx Rabbit Hole Doors). I'm hoping they download with the world! I wouldn't normally include so much CC in a world but since I built it mostly for my own use and I highly doubt it'll get many downloads, I decided it probably didn't matter.

I also highly recommend running NRAAS Overwatch to keep abandoned cars to a minimum (It's great for a lot of things but the cars thing REALLY bothers me!). Also keep an eye on the fishing spot in game, horses tend to gather and cause issues.

I play tested for 1 Sim week and didn't find any major issues or routing problems (aside from their usual nonsense behaviour like swimming through retaining walls for absolutely no reason).

Download here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9392429

Save file with 4 Sim families: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vcjlobq4v9zbac9/Greystone_Files.zip/file

If you do download, PLEASE share screenshots here I'd love to see what you think and what you do with the world!
ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Pictures fixed for you. When posting something from Imgur (or Flickr which I use more), I just always get the bbc share links and paste them here and that works for me. I looked at a bbc code for one of my own pictures and added the missing bits ("i." at the beginning and ".jpg" at the end) to your links and that worked.

YRTOrJ5.jpg
    JYYxtvD.jpg
    KSbbchy.jpg

Your little world looks very nice. Sims 3 does still have an active player community, and since there is no content being added to it by EA, I think new player created worlds and lots are always appreciated.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well done @Lucky25 your tiny world is very pretty !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    @suzses Thank you I've added the .jpg bit and they're working now. It's been so long since I've used this forum, posting pics has changed!
  • Options
    Well done @Lucky25 your tiny world is very pretty !

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Love it. Great Job. I love small worlds.
  • Options
    Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    This is incredible! If I didn't live in constant fear of losing my sims 3 forever if I change ANYTHING (lol), I'd download it.
  • Options
    wizardtswwizardtsw Posts: 8 New Member
    Its very nice. I am building a world too and trying to figure out all the mechanics of it is mind boggling. I am already trying to figure out how to get townies and npcs in my game, etc. Any tips for a first time builder?
  • Options
    wizardtsw wrote: »
    Its very nice. I am building a world too and trying to figure out all the mechanics of it is mind boggling. I am already trying to figure out how to get townies and npcs in my game, etc. Any tips for a first time builder?

I'm not sure I have any tips, it's a long process and can be frustrating when things don't go right! The main thing I always have a nightmare with is the routing. Because Sims route pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 weirdly. So always make sure you lay down your non routable terrain paint and double check where you're allowing your Sims to go. Have fun!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    This world is adorable! and would be fun to use as a vacation spot!
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited June 2020
    wizardtsw wrote: »

@wizardtsw : Are you asking how to populate your world using CAW? In that case, you will have to use NRAAS mods inside of EIG to do so.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Km9IDAg.jpg

After reading the title, I had to post that..

But this world looks AMAZING @Lucky25

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top