Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Myshuno lot question

What have you done with the lot in the uptown district that is a gym. I do not think a gym fits, especially a gym that size. I put a nightclub in there but maybe that doesn't make sense for the uptown district either. What have you all put there if you replaced the gym?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2020
    I haven't done anything with that lot. I always just put some yoga mats upstairs where the basketball thingy is.

You've given me an idea. I might just turn it into a restaurant. I think it is a great spot for one. Maybe like a fancy one since it is the downtown if I remember correctly.

Or uptown? I don't know. We call it a city centre.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    I replace it with the upscale restaurant. You'll need to modify the entrance, but it works.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    In different saves I've done a nightclub, restaurant, up-scale bar, residential, lounge, spa....almost every venue that will fit in that location.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    I added a mcsims in there. Cos, ya know, surely even the rich love going to mcsims?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    You could replace it with a tiny-living residential, in the middle of the big city... :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I hardly go to that section of San Myshuno anyway. Too rich for me. I did convert one of the penthouses into a spa/gym. Get a good work out with an awesome view.
    I added a mcsims in there. Cos, ya know, surely even the rich love going to mcsims?

Vah vah vah vahhhh I'm plummin it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't changed it at this time. You're right though, it's a great lot. City Living could have had more blank slates. I definitely like the world though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I’ve converted it into a generic lot that acts as an office building, it has conference rooms, and offices and a little bar to the side.

With a club set up, I can make it so that a group of sims can work there! :)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I made a Bloomingsims, an upscale pricey store with clothes and a few other items since its a rich part of town
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Replaced it with a much more upmarket gym (and spa). You know the kind of gym where rich people go to take selfies and tag them with stuff like #athleisure and #treatyourself? That kind of place.
  • Options
    wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    I converted it into a fancy gym with an infinity pool. I mostly play as poor young sims making their way in the big city, so I would never live in that part of San Myshuno. So I'm slowly renovating all the lots there, making most of them into community lots. I also converted the rooftop lounge into a bar, and I'm planning to make the penthouse lot into a restaurant.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    I renovated the gym into a pool. Not sure how well that fits but the views from the infinity pool are spectacular.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's just a weird lot in general, I hate that neighborhood as it's so weird looking so I never go near it
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s still a gym.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I placed an upscale gymn there and made it the hangout of my basketball club. Since the club leader is a 4-star-celeb the paparazzi hang out there and fans gravitate towards the place, what I find fitting for the neighborhood.

With the speech podium nearby, maybe a government building (zoned as a library?) would fit better.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I haven't changed it yet I don't know what to put there but I like making the game my own as much as I can so I will change it eventually.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I expanded it to add a yoga room and also reconfigured the first floor, but it's still a gym.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I changed it to a really nice restaurant with all the experimental food, rezoned the penthouse Torendi Tower as a spa/gym, all really upscale with high priced art and insane pricing. The penthouse in the art district was rezoned as a rooftop bar, the kind of artsy place they sell coffee too, and hold poetry readings. I changed The Old Salt House into a karaoke bar and the karaoke bar into a coffee stand. The nicer karaoke bar I changed into a nightclub.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I kept mine as a gym but added yoga mats and put a sauna and the mud bath tubs in the basement by the locker rooms.