Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Customising your save with a variety of community lots

In regard to my recent forum post ‘getting bored of families easy’, a few suggestions inspired that I should add different community lots to my world for my sims to visit.

Considering there’s a variety of worlds throughout the expansion and game packs, there are numerous gyms, parks etc in each world which alternatively, some could be replaced with new community lots as I don’t need 6/7 gyms across all worlds for example.

With that in mind, I thought I’d create a post so that we could put together a list of suggestions of what community lots you put into your save

Some examples:

A cinema
A wedding venue
A mall
A bakery (with buyable goods)
A ice cream parlour (restaurant)
A photo studio (to take your sims to take photos to display at their home)
A bowling alley

Please leave your suggestions below! I can’t wait to start filling my world with new community lots (so I can no longer be bored of my sims haha)

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I renovated the Torendi Tower in San Myshuno to be the Torendi Tower Youth Centr.
    It has a basketball court, pool, gym, yoga studio, meditation garden, cafe, cinema, dance floor/disco/club space and probably another small attraction or two.

In order to have Sims use the pool, the lot type will need to be changed to Pool. To use the yoga etc, change to Spa. You might have to hire a barista for the cafe, or make it a Cafe lot, depending. Lot type can be change in manage worlds during gameplay. Just, change it before you send your Sim/s there maybe??

ID is Moppy14w if you’re interested.
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    That’s really cool I may check it out and get it added to my save!
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's hard to explain why making community lots breathed new life into my game but it really did! Something about customizing everything, putting my mark on the game world's just really speaks to me!

So far I've built:
    Willow Creek Library
    Willow Creek Cafe
    The Wedding (Wedding Venue)
    Willow Creek Park
    Willow Creek Community Pool

Happy Harvests Restaurant
    Salt and Pepper Restaurant

Grayscale Gym

Newcrest Ice Cream Shoppe
    Newcrest Park
    Newcrest Pool
    Newcrest Vet Clinic
    Newcrest Community Space (4 Lots in one!)

Some ideas I've seen and thought of doing...

Movies In The Park
    Cat Cafe
    Dog Park
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    How do you go about customising the menu for restaurants you do not own?

Say I want to build an ice cream parlour.. how would I change the menu without owning the venue?