Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on the new family ask-to-have-baby call

I LOVE these new calls, I really do. But why would my parents call my sim to ask if they should have a baby?? My sims are grandparents, they don't want babies, and there is no option to say "no please don't". It would make a LOT more sense if my sim's married friends would call to ask for advice, not their parents.

Can this be changed, please?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What are the options to choose from? I haven’t gotten this call yet.

From what I’ve read up here, if a male Sim calls you with this question and you say yes, they will become pregnant which totally ruins my gameplay. This part should be adjusted.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    I had three options, one was go for it (maybe not in those words lol, but still), one was "are you sure you're ready?" and the last was "you, a parent?" - first off, that last option is just a really weird thing to say to your parents, at least in the majority of cases :joy:

I didn't pick the second answer yet, but with 1 and 3 they definitely will have the baby. And so granny Thalea who, if aging wasn't turned off atm, would've been long gone by now, had twins. Both of which I deleted.

I would LOVE this if it was your sim's married friends calling for this, or maybe your parents when your sim's still at university (even though, again, I wonder which parents would call for your blessing), but like this, it's weird and needs to be changed.