Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

bug reports

Tried to submit this through the help, but it wasn't working.

Sim won't cook fish dishes. I've tried with fish in the fridge and in my inventory. If I select 'fish tacos' even with all the ingredients on hand, it never cues.

Also, sage and basil plants are reverting to seedlings after harvest. I also had one instance where the only thing visible of the sage plant were the flowers.

Also had an issue where a pre-existing fridge was not showing leftover when it was opened. But it would show new food that was made and put into it.

I am not running mods on my game.

Comments

• Options
    empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    I have none of the problems you mentioned. Soo much people having soo much weird problems. Crazy. The only bug I found so far is that when you close your doors for everyone but sim or other options... They seem to reset everytime I load up a save. Also can we do something about the bug farms? They are beyond broken. Bugs dying out of nowhere. Nutrating them causing them to go alive? And why do you have to hug them 4 times in a row to get them on good health again... that takes nearly four ingame hours. Its crap. This feature needs to be removed entirely.
  • Options
    empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    Also during storms in sims 4... is it normall your lot gets struck 9 out of ten times? I had storms 6 days in a row destroying all my sunpanels.... and garden stuff with a total destruction cost of over 6000 dollars. And not a single penny is paid by insurance. At this point I just put storms off. Its so silly. To me it seems storms have a 90% hit chance on your lot stuff. While it should not even be 10%. Sunpanels at my real house are there for 7 years and endured a lot of storms. Just saying.
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have the same issue with the basil plant.
    Also have an issue with an extremely loud, buzzing sound on my lot. It's horrible and I don't know how to stop it.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Is the buzzing frm a vertical garden or one of the machines?
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I have a huge bug that makes buy mode items just disappear when my sim is on the lot. Example, I went on a date with a sim to the bar in Eco Living and when we got there it was fully furnished, by the time the date was over only the bar itself and a chair was left.
    Never seen such a weird big.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Neither Have I, in any version. The usual question, any mods or CC? Are any of those odd voted on rules in place? Might want to do a report if you haven't already as this is more than the usual sort of glitches we get.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2020
    My game is updated as of this minute.
    Bugs-
    1- Living on campus suddenly there was a dog in my household the game was giving time for the dog to pack then split household came up and wanted me to move my sim with the dog off of campus. I had to shut down the game go back in edit household and then go back into my game. I didn’t even make that dog and only had one sim in my household.
    2- Some people are invisible for a short period of time then they appear.
    3- laptops in sims inventory keeps disappearing.
    4- game has gotten stuck- sim just standing there not doing any action- go to manage worlds, go to load household and game crashes. Have to completely exit and restart. Now my game wont load any households. I get to a world view then when i try to load i get an error and it tells me to relaunch. I've repaired, doesn't help, now I'm reinstalling.

I know updates need to be done, but I am really sick of all of the issues there are after an update. I didn't even buy the new pack so I know this is just from the update.
    Post edited by ShannonMarie_76 on
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2020
    Came back to check out the update and encountered some issues too.

Took me only 10 minutes to discover that the door settings don't persist any time you zone. It's a great idea that I would love to see applied to so many things, but it's all useless if it doesn't work.

The new needs level usages seem inconsistent at times, and don't feel balanced. Had a toddler get stuck in endless tantrums because the second you calmed it down, the needs would tank super fast again. It took a million tries and was almost impossible to get them out of it.
    Happy medium would be nice.

When a toddler is eating and talking to an adult at the same time, the multitasking never engages. The animations do, but the toddler will not actually eat as long as the conversation is happening. You have to cancel the conversation to get the kid to be able to eat.

Timers on food don't work. Haven't really checked beverages.

Getting cell phone off-the-grid rage when my played sim does not, and has never, lived off the grid. The game shouldn't even associate their phone use with off the grid, but it does.

The bug where Sims jump out of bed at random when the bed is placed next to a wall is back. Screwed up my tiny house floor plan. I really hate this bug, so much.

My sim is on the aspiration where they have to evolve 10 plants, and it is literally impossible. Plants don't seem to know what season they are supposed to like any more, and grow in seasons they shouldn't. But it's all sort of erratic. Seeds disappear when trying to plant, have to travel and back to get them to show back up. Plants in the garden flicker sometimes when you are shifting harvested items from inventory to fridge, and the counter that shows how many evolved plants I have achieved goes down at the same time. A few plants got to excellent for no reason, the majority have been going forever and just never seem to advance, using fish as fertilizer. It seems to be tied to things and trying to read things behind the scenes that it maybe shouldn't.

When career promotion rewards get placed in my household inventory, are they affecting my electrical usage? I know that owning stuff in general makes your bills go up, but sometimes I look at the bills and it seems like I'm getting charged more electricity too until I remember to switch into my household inventory and delete them. Since they aren't placed on the lot and aren't being used, they shouldn't, but I would like a way to know for sure that the game knows that and is treating it like it should.

• Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone, thanks for your reports :) Keep in mind, however, that bug reports belong on Answers HQ. That is where we keep track of them, so I'm going to lock this thread, please, join the discussion through this link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Make sure that you are writing something in the text box when submitting your bugs, otherwise it won't let you.

For more information, please, check this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944810/update-on-the-sims-4-help-center

EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top