Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get soy beans?!

Hi all!

I feel like i'm asking a dumb question but i'm really struggling to get soy beans. I read the description of the plants and they say you should be able to harvest wax and soy beans.. But, the soy plants near me only harvested wax, which I can't plant!

I kept checking every few days and nearly 2 in game weeks went by and it just kept harvesting wax... And now the plants have disappeared?

Can someone let me know what on earth i'm doing wrong?! I'm so confused.
Intel core i7 7700K
16GB Kingston hyper X fury
Gigabyte GTX 1070
MSI Z270-A PRO
1TB HD
480GB SSD

Comments

• Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can get some from buying the Seed Packets.

Edited to add: No question is a dumb question. I found this information out by accident. Bought the pack and there were the beans. :)
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    What about the beebox if you have seasons? I'm going to try that next. When I watched James turner's let's play, there was a soy plant next to the bar in port promise.
  • Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    You can get some from buying the Seed Packets.

Edited to add: No question is a dumb question. I found this information out by accident. Bought the pack and there were the beans. :)

Thank you!! I didn't think of that. But now I can't find the soy beans seed packet?! Is it meant to be next to where you buy all the other seed packets in build/buy??

Thanks so much again!!
    Intel core i7 7700K
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    What about the beebox if you have seasons? I'm going to try that next. When I watched James turner's let's play, there was a soy plant next to the bar in port promise.

Yeah I've been using bee boxes for now but I'd really love to have a wee soy wax garden. The one at port promise has now disappeared?! It's so weird, i'm going to see if it maybe pops back up in a couple of (in game) days

Thanks so much for your help!
    Intel core i7 7700K
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Got them the first (but not second) time I bought seeds for the vertical planters - maybe there's a higher chance to get them for the vertical ones though?
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Got them the first (but not second) time I bought seeds for the vertical planters, but maybe the chance is higher to get them there?

Thank you!! I'll try that :smile:
    Intel core i7 7700K
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Good luck :D
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If all else fails, I have a perfect soy plant on the gallery you can download.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    If all else fails, I have a perfect soy plant on the gallery you can download.

I got them through the vertical garden! Thank you though!!
    Intel core i7 7700K
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    I found random plants in the world you can harvest also.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Don't forget to collect the soy wax. You can do that every 24 sim hours.
  • Options
    Shaloved30Shaloved30 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Starfree said:
    > Don't forget to collect the soy wax. You can do that every 24 sim hours.

Can you collect wax AND seeds from the same wild seeds around or are their seeds that have the wax harvest?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Shaloved30 wrote: »
    > @Starfree said:
    > Don't forget to collect the soy wax. You can do that every 24 sim hours.

Can you collect wax AND seeds from the same wild seeds around or are their seeds that have the wax harvest?

They're from the same plant. In season it will give the soy beans and out of season it will give wax. The plant's seasons are summer and fall which should have soy beans then. Spring and winter you should be able to harvest wax.

A way to get the seeds is click on the vertical planters and buy fruit seeds. That's how I get them.
  • Options
    Shaloved30Shaloved30 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I feel very unlucky - or terribly prepared - I started my Eco testing in Winter, and there has now been a full week of snow blizzards in Evergreen Harbor. Nothing can be tested outdoors, and even visiting other lots is a fight against weather... No soy plants - or other gardening, to deal with either. Next pack I will make sure my game is facing Spring :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WildeSimmerWildeSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question about soybeans, or rather the vertical planters, or maybe gardening in general. I purchased one of each of the three seed packet options from the vertical planter and tried to plant what I got, but all (soybeans, grapes, sage) but parsley said that they failed to germinate. All my Sims plant things (usually casually, though a couple have been part of their careers) and I've never seen that error before.

It says something about needing more space, but why would Vertical Planter Seed Packets give you things that can't be planted in them? Am I being dumb?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I have a question about soybeans, or rather the vertical planters, or maybe gardening in general. I purchased one of each of the three seed packet options from the vertical planter and tried to plant what I got, but all (soybeans, grapes, sage) but parsley said that they failed to germinate. All my Sims plant things (usually casually, though a couple have been part of their careers) and I've never seen that error before.

It says something about needing more space, but why would Vertical Planter Seed Packets give you things that can't be planted in them? Am I being dumb?

I did not get that note, and I planted several spices from those packs. Could it be the position of the planter object itself? Maybe there is too little space around it? I'd try placing it more open, it could be a decor on the wall stopping the seed from germinate, perhaps?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg