Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the microphone symbol that periodically appears over my sim's head?

I think it's new to yesterday's patch, but I'm not sure why it happens... It's green and pops up over their heads similarly to character values when increased/decreased, after an interaction.

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,458 Member
    It might be an indication of eco friendliness or something. Is the symbol actually like the eco lifestyle icon?
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I believe it has to do with the influence system of Eco Lifestyle.
  • Options
    shadedgrey63shadedgrey63 Posts: 44 Member
    That's odd, as I don't have Eco Lifestyle. :/
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I think the green symbol means your sim's influence has increased. Influence is used to vote on neighborhood action plans and influence other sims to vote on them. I don't know why you'd have it without Eco Lifestyle but such is the mystery of sims.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    I think the green symbol means your sim's influence has increased. Influence is used to vote on neighborhood action plans and influence other sims to vote on them. I don't know why you'd have it without Eco Lifestyle but such is the mystery of sims.

I believe the patches prepare the foundation of everyone's games for new expansion packs --- when I bought TS4 in June '18, I could choose my Sims's hot weather and cold weather clothing on day one. They never switched into them because there was no hot and cold weather without my buying and installing Seasons. The 'influence points' that shadedgrey63's sims are accruing are probably something like my sim's hot and cold weather clothing.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »

I don't have the pack either and was wondering the same thing earlier. Thanks for clearing that up!

Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything