Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why....

Why is it every time I boot up TS4, the ads are saying "we think you'll like this." AND it's a pack I ALREADY OWN!! Like...dude >.< Stop!
Their ads are becoming annoying and ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    This reminds me of a conversation I was having recently about how cinemas advertise themselves to you every single time you go, despite having already bought a ticket or joined as a member. Even more ridiculous when it's at member-only/exclusive screenings

Much like this I suppose they're going to keep trying to tempt you but it would be better if the ads were tailored so that it didn't try and sell you something you already have.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Mine shows what's new on the gallery and what's been Favorited by Maxis first. I only get advertisements if I click the arrow to see what's next. I don't get anything if I play offline. It's just white in the middle.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    34yxRib.jpg

I mean...whhhyyyyyy lol!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited May 2020
    Mine keeps starting with a popup for Moschino, like an actual popup ad, on top of all that crap in the background.

I wish it was just stills from the latest pack you bought like the previous games (and like Sims 4 started out), and you didn't see ads at all unless you hit the arrows to look. All the "ingame" advertising is annoying. I try to remember to play offline unless I need the gallery.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm fairly sure it's just a generic advert on the loading screen that probably everybody sees regardless of which packs are already owned. Personal advertising doesn't seem to be a thing in TS4. I don't mind it either way. I see that screen for a few seconds at least.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm a business grad and I find the ads too intrusive too. Here I thought the Sims mobile games are bad, but Sims 4 is pushing microtransactions a bit too far with advertising in game. I have not been impressed by marketing at all during this iteration, but know it is a different team than the Gurus handling it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure it's just a generic advert on the loading screen that probably everybody sees regardless of which packs are already owned. Personal advertising doesn't seem to be a thing in TS4. I don't mind it either way. I see that screen for a few seconds at least.

Right, if it was happening on the world screen I could understand. But Sims 2 and 3 both had ads on their launchers and Sims 3 advertises Sims 4 in the actual home screen since 2014. It’s clearly effective or they wouldn’t do it.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I actually panicked when I first saw these adverts. It advertised an EP that I already had (City Living, I think?) and I got worried that it had been uninstalled in my game. :neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I just click load game and don't pay attention to the ads.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've only seen this for the first time last night. I never play online unless I need to use the Gallery, which is rare. It was a pop up for an EP, which I have since I own everything now. Just like you @ParmaViolet87 I freaked out a little at first wondering if something happened to my game and I'd lost that particular EP. o.O Once I figured out what was going on I just went on my merry way to play. I personally really don't think it's that big of an issue. *shrugs*
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    34yxRib.jpg

I mean...whhhyyyyyy lol!

I mean technically they aren't wrong .... You do like it xD
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I also own them all but maybe they don't have a way to not show recommendations. Which brings me to I miss picking my render from a pack of my choice.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Hmmm, as of last night (5/31) I didn't get anything like that & I also have all the packs except eco, which I'm getting friday.