Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever just accidentally have too many kids?

SO like do you ever have too many kids by accident. My legacy I started the first-gen had 6 kids, two sets of triplets and I told myself the next-gen wasn't gonna have that many. Well, the 2nd gen had a set of triplets and twins. So I told myself again not to let it have that many. And now my heir had a set of twins, a single son and another set of twins. lol Anyone else just accidentally have too many kids in their game.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My seven plots legacy had triplets when I'd planned on two kids separated by a few sim-weeks at least.

Then I used mods to prevent more kids.
  • Options
    Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    My seven plots legacy had triplets when I'd planned on two kids separated by a few sim-weeks at least.

Then I used mods to prevent more kids.

lol I really should start preventing it with mods, the family tree is getting huge and eventually their gonna be related to everyone in town
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yikes! I do have too many sometimes. I play with Risky Woohoo from MCCC so that can add an extra element of challenge. In my last gen I had a couple live in a tiny house with their 1 baby, and thought that would be perfect. Then, all of a sudden, my sim was pregnant with triplets and their house was very, very too small so I had to completely change their house and lifestyle to fit all the children! I like the randomness though :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea. When I switch to play a new household, I like to have that Sim marry whoever they have a romantic relationship with at the time. Well I wasn’t expecting this particular Sim who already had 2 sons and was unmarried to have started a relationship with a single man who had 2 sons himself.

But I decided to let the man and his sons move in with her. Now the household has 2 adults and 4 sons. The house only had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom at the time. It was an interesting challenge.

This couple ended up having a daughter together so now the home has 7 Sims. I expanded the home and added another bathroom and bedroom. Then I aged up the oldest kid and moved him out.

But typically no I don’t have this many kids or Sims in a home together.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    My goal is two to three kids and always end up with twins or triplets. I don't even know why I bother having a set amount in mind. 😅
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2020
    My elven lady had six kids in a row, including two sets of twins. She ended up having an emotional breakdown and abandoned the kids to their father's care.
    Another one of my sims tried for a baby for the first time with her new boyfriend and ended up with triplets.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited May 2020
    In RL my daughter wasn't counting on having twins. But, no, never in my game have I ever had a Sim baby that wasn't calculated. Even in my Cantrell family I include the fifth child, even though in the story for which he was created, he was a bit of a change-of-life surprise.

I do have to say, however, that I use MCCC. I flagged his mother to not have any more kids. This was when I sent the older four off to uni. I didn't want their parents suddenly in the 'family way' again. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    The only time I've ever had more kids than planned is with alien abductions. Usually I try very hard to have just one child per family. Sometimes they'll get twins and very, very rarely triplets, but they only 'try for baby' once.

Recently though, while playing the Drifter challenge, my Drifter's elder Father was abducted and ended up giving birth to alien twins! So now I'm playing the largest family I've ever had in TS4, 8 in total which includes; my adult Drifter, her adult husband, their teen daughter, her elder Father & elder Uncle (they are twins and with normal gameplay for the challenge wouldn't be living with her, but I've been having problems with urns disappearing so moved them in), a female adult alien and the twin newborn aliens!

IF everything had gone to plan, the only Sims that should be living in this household would be my Drifter, Hubby, daughter and the alien.

The worst part? According to the rules of the challenge, I can only control my Drifter. Everyone else is on full autonomy. o.O It's certainly been the most interesting House so far in the challenge though and a lot of fun to play. My fingernails are gone and I'm bald now, but que sera sera. :D
  • Options
    mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    This happened in my original not so berry challenge xD I kept having twins of twins of twins and played a 'seperated at birth' plotline with Orange! It was great. They were so angry to be outcasted!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    My main couple thought they would have one child....

Of course, they wound up having triplets. Then the dad got abducted and had alien twins. So now, instead of one child, they have five!

I don't have MCCC, so it was just meant to be. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    OMG yes! I don't really enjoy playing children so I'm very careful about when my sims get pregnant. I finally decided it was time, had my sim come up with a positive pregnancy test, and the very same night her husband gets abducted and turns out pregnant from the encounter as well. She had their natural child but he ended up having twins. Oof. I was tempted to quit and revert to an earlier save but it was my first male abduction pregnancy and I was curious to let it play out. That was a very difficult and miserable gaming period. :D
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    All the time. I start with one Sim and before I know it I cap at 8 Sims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Seldom. I typically can't stop myself from having a crazy amount of kids. Right now my sim has two kiddos and I'm doing good to not have anymore.... but BABIES are addictive to me. I just love to see the genetics.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Each time I play Life my peg children are falling out of the car. As for the Sims no, not since I discovered mods the offer birth control.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Yes. Two babies in a small house. They were results of an alien abduction. I don't think they are hard to play, but I had to add a basement to find room for them. I also moved an additional sim in as a kind of nanny.
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't use any mods but I have always "tracked" when Sims woo hoo just for the sake of woo hoo and every 5th time I have them try for baby instead to kind of simulate the "oops" factor of real life. It's still a bit of a random chance then but my poor lady who hates children has ended up having 2 sets of twins and a single. Guess there's something to be said for a man in uniform...lol...hubby is a police chief.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I bought GTW mainly because I was interested in having aliens in my game. I really wanted my scientist sim to be abducted and come home pregnant. He didn't disappoint. At one time I had five alien children in the house. My scientist and his wife also have one human child. When some of the children grew up and started moving out, my scientist, who was then retired, was abducted a few more times and had two more alien babies when he was an elder.
  • Options
    AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    Yes, definitely. The most recent just happened in the last few days. I've been experimenting with Tiny Living homes and was only planning one or two children. Wife was expecting when hubby got abducted. She had one and he had twins. Three toddlers, three adults (husband, his wife, his sister) all in a 3 Tier tiny house was hectic and it is now wall to wall Murphy beds on the upper two tiers. No room left for what I was planning.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    All the time. I tell myself this time i'll only let them have one but they always wind up having so many. Current sims have 14 kids(8 biological and 6 adopted). This is in ts3 and I have nraas mods installed so I can have more than 8 sims in the house.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I frequently get multiples when I only want one child. For example, my Lannister family already had one toddler and a cat when they decided to try again for another baby. They ended up with twins, and they have been struggling with money ever since. The dad was initially in the acting career but as that's buggy I made him a critic instead as the income is more secure.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not really, sometimes I would have too many alien kids from abductions of scientists, but that has been awhile and you have the option to send them back which I did a few times if they already had some or didn't want them to have a kid. Otherwise I know when my sims are trying for babies and I'm okay with the outcome. If one household has to many for me to manage they get shipped off to a "boarding school". Usually a place I set up with a grandmother figure to bring them up with lots of kid stuff so I can swing around and play them now and then.
    I don't usually play with mods so the only real chance is twins or triplets or abduction.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have, but it has been a very long time. It was back in Sims 3, and I had a mod that had increased the number of sims allowed to live in the home. The couple I was playing with had the reward that allowed them to have multiples, and she had also made a wish to the genie about having a large family. Her first pregnancy she had twins, so I was thinking this was no big deal, so I had her try again when the twins were toddlers. The second time around she and her husband ended up having 8 babies (with a total of 12 sims now in the family). I did not make it through that time around, lol. Even the butler and Bondhilda could not keep up.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Me: "Okay, try for baby. We'll get one baby. Eat carrots, listen to Alternative. Hopefully it's a boy (for legacy work)"
    Three Days Later
    Game: "Congratulations, three boys."
    Me: Holy calzone!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)