Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question about story progression...or lack thereof

I have been using MCCC story progression from the beginning so I don't even know what happens with the world without it. So what exactly happens to the townie sims without MCCC? Do they age and die? Do they automatically get a career? I'm assuming they do not get pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've played with MCCC from the beginning as well. Its hard to imagine the game without it.

Anyway, the sims will age and die, if aging is on, but that's pretty much it. I don't believe they will start careers, other than being picked for bartenders/vendors etc. Also, no babies as far as I know.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I've played with MCCC from the beginning as well. Its hard to imagine the game without it.

Anyway, the sims will age and die, if aging is on, but that's pretty much it. I don't believe they will start careers, other than being picked for bartenders/vendors etc. Also, no babies as far as I know.

Interesting, so wouldn't the whole world eventually die and your active sim family are the only ones left since there is no procreation?
  • Options
    verfensverfens Posts: 9 New Member
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Interesting, so wouldn't the whole world eventually die and your active sim family are the only ones left since there is no procreation?

Actually, this could happen in the past. There's the option in game for the game to put in new families, right? There used to be a glitch that meant that no more sims would move in. I was on a legacy challenge save and the entire world was empty except for the homeless townies. Haha that was actually the breaking point for me to get mccc, having no neighbors was spooky.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, sims just age and die.

Random townies then move in certain homes. HOWEVER Oasis Springs and Newcrest are now completely empty for me and idk why. I have the "fill empty houses" option on.

Sims don't automatically get pregnant. I've seen certain sims getting jobs though. But they don't progress. I put a sim in college and moved her out, she's still in uni despite I'm already in a next generation...

I'm considering getting MCCC

Edit: Been watching some MCCC videos and you can REVIVE sims?!
    I could get my servo back!
    Post edited by rottmeister on
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The age and die if you turn on aging/dying for unplayed Sims, it's a toggle.
    They do get careers yes.
    For the most part, they dont get pregnant but I've seen it happen the odd time, not sure how or why but suddenly they will have a baby? Maybe it was game generated? I don't really play them so I didn't check.
    But if they age and die then new families are generated.
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Yes, sims just age and die.

Random townies then move in certain homes. HOWEVER Oasis Springs and Newcrest are now completely empty for me and idk why. I have the "fill empty houses" option on.

Sims don't automatically get pregnant. I've seen certain sims getting jobs though. But they don't progress. I put a sim in college and moved her out, she's still in uni despite I'm already in a next generation...

I'm considering getting MCCC

Edit: Been watching some MCCC videos and you can REVIVE sims?!
    I could get my servo back!

yeah my sim has been suspended from uni and it says it has 0 days till they can enroll back into uni. I think it must be a bug or something
  • Options
    MeliroseMelirose Posts: 5 New Member
    They age and then die as elders and are replaced by new townies. They can also move into empty houses (although this doesn't happen that often).
  • Options
    KnightofthehedgeKnightofthehedge Posts: 13 New Member
    When i first got the game i made a family played out their entire lives with aging for non active sims on. Totally forgot to check out the premades but after that family passed away without kids to carry on with i checked out the Spencer Kim household. Olivia was an adult and at the top of the politician career. Her, an elder Malcom Laandgrab and father winter weirdly enough had made an elite group for wealthy sims it was kind of brilliant that happened without me intervening at all
  • Options
    KnightofthehedgeKnightofthehedge Posts: 13 New Member
    When i first got the game i made a family played out their entire lives with aging for non active sims on. Totally forgot to check out the premades but after that family passed away without kids to carry on with i checked out the Spencer Kim household. Olivia was an adult and at the top of the politician career. Her, an elder Malcom Laandgrab and father winter weirdly enough had made an elite group for wealthy sims it was kind of brilliant that happened without me intervening at all
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I don't use mods or cc. As in S3, I will not use any mods until ther won't be any more updates. I put unhoused families into homes, give them money a job and maybe have them get pregnant. After that, they are on their own. I do this in all of the towns so they are full. The game just will not put people in houses no matter your settings.