Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Stuck in Rotational Play

I play households in quite a quick rotation where I switch after a day. Now I've noticed my sims get stuck in the place I left them behind. When I rotated back to my sim Max he was standing next to his bed in his PJ's even though it was 6 PM and I left him in his bed at 5 AM. It's not just him. I rotated to my sim Hugo and he's still visiting his sister and standing next to the woodworking table. Sofia is still on the wedding lot I invited her to from a different household a week ago. I can still move my sims with no problem and they do whatever I want, but as soon as I rotate they'll be in the places I saw them last. Is this normal behaviour or is there something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    That's normal. The time doesn't completely stop for the households you're not playing, they'll be going to places on their own (or invited). I play for a longer time than a day, but when going to a new household some of the sims are usually on the community lots where they've acted as background sims.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I would try the "repair game" option
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Being on the community lot is normal. If you left a community lot with one of your sims still on it, that sim will still be there for quite some time. Usually when you go to select the family it will ask which members you want to play if they're not all on the same lot. I always choose someone who is at the house, and the others generally show up in front of the house once it loads anyway.

I rarely see them in the same part of the house where I left them though. Mine always reset to out front or at the computer or a few other generic options. Maybe it has something to do with how many hours since you left? The shortest I've ever played one house is 3 days, so I've never switched back in less than 24 hours.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @musteni Glad to hear it's normal and not just my game!

@Daephene Thank you for telling me. I'll keep an eye out if Max keeps ending up next to his bed when I don't play him for a while.