Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witch pack would you get first...Stramgeville or Get Famous

I can get both but have read reviews and details of both like the story's and content. also remember that Sims 3 version of get famous (forgot the name) was so laggy if you made a lot a celerberty hang out. Not sure witch one I want first what are your views on game play and such.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    That's a difficult decision. They're pretty similar in terms of content an neighborhood size. I'd personally go with Strangerville, but I'm not someone who really enjoyed the fame system in any of the games. Admittedly, the Sims 4 system is a lot better than it was in The Sims 3, and not particularly buggy, so if that was something you really enjoyed then I would say to go for Get Famous.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    That's a difficult decision. They're pretty similar in terms of content an neighborhood size. I'd personally go with Strangerville, but I'm not someone who really enjoyed the fame system in any of the games. Admittedly, the Sims 4 system is a lot better than it was in The Sims 3, and not particularly buggy, so if that was something you really enjoyed then I would say to go for Get Famous.

hated it in sims 3 but liked the build and buy stuff granted in S4 you can see your Sims act instead of rabbit hole event (I think from EA's pics) ty
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am not really drawn to either pack. If I had to choose, I'd go with Strangerville because of BB and CAS assets (although, to be fair, I have not looked closely at what all comes with Get Famous). But Celebrity status - while it provided my all time greatest multiple death party disaster in Night Life - really doesn't appeal to me at all. I am not interested in celebrities, let alone being one. And while the B-movie plot of Strangerville isn't all that much more appealling, it is to me at least somewhat entertaining.

TL;DR - there are reasons I don't have these. Of the two, Strangerville is more potentially interesting.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Get Famous.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Hmm. If I'm being honest, I don't love either of them, but that's not necessarily because they are bad. It just depends on your own play style. I'm not personally very interested in the celebrity theme, but I have still had some fun with Get Famous. I think the fame and reputation systems are very well done and I also like the CAS/BB items and acting skill. The only disappointment for me was the world, which I find quite small and ugly. There is apparently also a bug with the actor career at the moment, but hopefully this will soon be fixed. I know some simmers find celebrity sims intrusive at times, but I haven't personally had any issues with this or lag. If the celebrity theme appeals to you, I definitely recommend it.

As for Strangerville, I prefer packs to be more open so I can create my own stories. I haven't actually played the storyline yet so I can't really comment on it, but I assume it's fun to play maybe two or three times at most? It does have some nice features that I like to use though, such as the military career and CAS/BB items. I am not usually a fan of desert worlds, but I actually really like the Strangerville world too. I think I prefer Get Famous though. It's just more versatile.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I would say Strangerville. I like that you can play a storyline but you don't have to. I've done a few variations on the storyline. I also love the town and the build/buy and CAS items.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    ty all was leaning toward Strangerville like the steam punk clothes and the x-files look downloding now
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Definitely get famous. I love both packs but get famous Is more beefy !
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I agree, they are about the same as far as what's better. I have both. I really like both, neither are in my top 3, but they aren't in the bottom 3 either haha
  • Options
    PinkoMoonPinkoMoon Posts: 8 New Member
    I got get famous first, and I have no regrets. Even tho I’m a massive fan of strangerville, it’s my fav favourite world. 🥰
  • Options
    PinkoMoonPinkoMoon Posts: 8 New Member
    Ps. I don’t have a stutter I just can’t edit yet ☺️
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited May 2020
    Get Famous by far. It includes lots of fun gameplay elements and the celebrities have their own perks and quirks tree resembling vampires. You can get famous by almost every skill or career in the game too. StrangerVille is one of the weakest packs to me because it's a one and done storyline with no replay value.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Get Famous! It's so so fun!
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Get Famous.

I like both, but I've definitely played Get Famous more because it has more features you can use elsewhere and go back to.

And I love having active careers, so going to set with my sim was a big plus for me.

BB items are sooo different lol it would just depend on what you prefer. I'm not too into the country aesthetic, but I admit the Strangerville items are much easier to use in a wider variety of builds than the Get Famous ones, which can be a little... much lol.

CAS items in Strangerville are hella cute, but Get Famous comes with a lot of fun costumes I adore.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I got Get Famous because it came out first.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Strangerville just because im not that much into celebrities and the fame system. If you like those than GF has more to offer...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    I prefer strangerville. The world size is comparable with get Famous. The story is nice to play through, even more than once in my opinion because you can vary with your sim, one sim or a group, in the military career or not... . I also like the esthetics of the world with the various stages of weirdness. Get Famous is ok but I am just not very much into playing celebrities.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I have neither, but from what I've seen, I'd prefer Strangerville.

Mostly because the celebrities and the fame system would annoy me a lot. lol
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I would pick Strangerville if it was longer .... love the story.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Personally, I prefer Strangerville, which surprised me!! I like the military career, and the trailer park lot, and Mr George Cahill (aged down, he’s so cute!). I haven’t played the game part of it, I just use it as is.

Del Sol Valley has some beautiful lots at the top though, and the grungy town could be good for storytelling. I’d say it depends on whether you’re more interested in military or acting storylines.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Strangerville is fun for five minutes but it gets old, but also Get Famous has been broken for the past month and no effort is being made to fix it so its best not to bother with it
  • Options
    DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    I have neither, and I'm not interested in getting either just because, but Strangerville was at least potentially interesting while Get Famous was not. I would have not liked the fame aspect in my game at all. So, I would say Strangerville.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    This is the problem. I view both as big mistakes in terms of purchases. Both worlds have very few lots, thus few building possibilities (provided, Strangerville is a GP), and there isn't much to their careers. With Strangerville, you have the lab, which due to being tied to the storyline, is not able to be edited or replaced at all, even with "bb.enablefreebuid" active. In terms of households, I like most of Strangerville's residents. Meredith Roswell is especially close to me; due to her appearance, (Adult, in my opinion, correlates quite well to late '30s-early '40s) age, and (first) name being quite close to a family friend whom I viewed as a mentor and role model; who, sadly, passed away suddenly last fall.

If they'd done away with the Strangerville mystery/Mother Plant storyline, and released a larger world with Strangerville's setting with the same households, it would easily be my favorite world in the game.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Stangerville for me knowing my playstyle and what I enjoy doing. I love the world. Kind of reminds me of old retro movies and the town reminds me of a place I spent a lot of my childhood in. I love to set up my more sinister and paranoid sims there too as well as scientists from GTW. I'm sad though that the weather from the new pack won't affect the place but I understand it because of how things change in that world depending on where you are in the storyline.

I love the build/buy in Get Famous but really I don't use the celebrity system much anymore. It's there when I want it though. The reputation system though I do like that.

I'd just say who would you rather play a celebrity or wannabe, a youtuber, a blogger. Would you rather sims you play get famous from some of their skills like painting ect. Would you rather your sim get a good or bad reputation..... This is some of the things you can do with Get Famous
    Or a would you rather play a military person, paranoid delusional or infected sim passing it on. Oh I forgot a hero .. lol I've only once played the storyline as given in Strangerville. I usually play an anti-hero.

I'd say Get Famous has more in it for sure though... for me it's the game play you are attracted to and play out with your sims that counts when deciding which pack is best for you. I get them all and I never really know until the excitement dies down which actually continue to give me a lot of gameplay ideas and situations.

If you are a completionist though go with the one on sale....
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    Get Famous hands down. I bought it on release day and never looked back. I just love the fame system!

Strangerville I waited until I was bored and a good sale occurred. Still havent played the story.