Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO living is going to be like strangerville

I have an idea this EP is going to have a premade storyline like strangerville

"Make 5 wax candles out of trash!"
"Buy a solar pannel"
"Convince 10 neigbours to get a solar panel"
"Clear the filthy air"

seriously, I'm underwhelmed, this as an EP.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Is that what defines TS4 these days?

Casual gameplay like that?

Nah, I will stick with TS3 and wait for an (hopefully offline) TS5 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    And, just like Strangerville, I bet there will be no way to get rid of the storyline-specific stuff. Always been wanting to bulldoze the "REDACTED" lab and replace it with something else. Yet, you can't do that, even with cheats.

And just like putting up with celebrities from Get Famous, or constant party invites due to Get Together, I bet this pack would likely make gameplay an annoyance. Of course, I got rid of the celebrity problem by deleting most of the premade celebrites (and occults; and well, all premade Sims except those I liked); and simply just got used to ignoring most of the party invites.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Is this actually an EP? It looks more like a GP to me.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Is this actually an EP? It looks more like a GP to me.

Same. Summer EPs seem to be so shallow with TS4 (which is already the standard but shallower than the average). Except Seasons which was an exception.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    Honestly? Sounds to me like they were planning this as an game pack, but due to the corona virus problem they can't finish the actual EP and also had to delay the first semesters gp (and thats why we don't have a first semester gp like usually) and decided to turn it into an Expansion Pack. I just hope its worth the title.

@Jordan061102 if you were to analyse and compare, Sims 4 Season is as shallow as any other EP. There was no summer related activity, they reused free holiday items, the snow doesn't have depht... and so on.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    And, just like Strangerville, I bet there will be no way to get rid of the storyline-specific stuff. Always been wanting to bulldoze the "REDACTED" lab and replace it with something else. Yet, you can't do that, even with cheats.

And just like putting up with celebrities from Get Famous, or constant party invites due to Get Together, I bet this pack would likely make gameplay an annoyance. Of course, I got rid of the celebrity problem by deleting most of the premade celebrites (and occults; and well, all premade Sims except those I liked); and simply just got used to ignoring most of the party invites.

You need a mod to cheat the storyline stuff.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    There will probably be ever-lingering annoying "polluted air/inversion" moodlets that will make the sims uncomfortable until the story is finished (which is fine, but most people will probably want to skip it).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @crocobaura We don't know yet. I suspect there's going to be a mechanism to not have it happen or they'd have surely predicted very low pack sales! But we might not know if that's the case or, if so, how it works before the Livestream. If we find out earlier, I'll post here for sure.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.