Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Virgin - MCCC

NicnacksNicnacks Posts: 27 Member
Hi everyone, so I finally gave in after years and years of playing mod-free and downloaded the MCCC (latest version) mod. I followed all the instructions from youtube tutorials. When opening the game it shows the mods were installed. I even clicked on game options/other and clicked for allowing script mods (again it shows the mods there), but alas, nothing happens when I click the computer, sim, or mailbox. How do I access MCCC??? I have no other mods installed that could be conflicting with the MCCC. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Nicnacks wrote: »
    Hi everyone, so I finally gave in after years and years of playing mod-free and downloaded the MCCC (latest version) mod. I followed all the instructions from youtube tutorials. When opening the game it shows the mods were installed. I even clicked on game options/other and clicked for allowing script mods (again it shows the mods there), but alas, nothing happens when I click the computer, sim, or mailbox. How do I access MCCC??? I have no other mods installed that could be conflicting with the MCCC. PLEASE HELP!

You've unzipped the files and placed them no more than one folder deep in your main Mods folder?

Try these troubleshooting steps: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting
  • Options
    Nicnacks wrote: »

You've unzipped the files and placed them no more than one folder deep in your main Mods folder?

Try these troubleshooting steps: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

Thanks, I unzipped them, but I hadn't removed them from their folders. that did the trick.

However something else happened after playing for a little while... My sim is in the acting career, and after going to an audition her career disappeared - COMPLETELY it wasn't in the work tab and when I tried to rejoin the acting career it wasn't even listed in jobs available! This has never happened to me before, so I can only assume the mod had something to do with it.

A message appeared saying I have a bad or out of date mod. I downloaded the latest MCCC version. Does this kind of thing happen often with MCCC? And how do I update the mod in future?
  • Options
    MCCC would not be responsible for this. The Last Exception message is just alerting you to a glitch - it could be caused by another mod or cc if you have them, or, more often than not, by the game itself, which often throws up glitches. I'd suggest deleting the local thumbcache (which is good practice every time you update the game or a mod) and do a repair game. Your issue sounds like a game bug. I know there is one to do with the Acting career (but I don't know specifically what it is), so I'd head over to AHQ to see if a bug report has already been raised on this.
  • Options
    So strange. Because this has literally never happened and then happens minutes after installing MCCC - which is the only mod I have.

I was experiencing the acting glitch prior to downloading MCCC, but that only involved not being able to travel to gigs if you leave the home lot at any point between the audition and gig.

How do I delete the local thumbcache and do a repair game?

Thanks so much for all of your help!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    The localthumbcache (all one word) you'll find in your Sims 4 folder on your PC. You can repair game via Origin: find the game in Origin in your Game Library; right-click on the Sims 4 thumbnail and choose 'Repair' - it'll take a minute or two.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For mod updates -- which you download and then replace your current files of the same names -- you can get notifications by joining the Discord channel. You can also follow this Twitter for fast notification: https://twitter.com/eg4mccc At every major game update, I run a thread on the Forums called Broken Mods, which notes what has stopped working and when new mods are updated to match the game update. You'll find those in https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.