Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

laundry day question

How do you avoid the sad moodlet from damp clothing? Does my sim have to dry the clothes any differently? This may be the dumbest moodlet that exists in the game. The sims going to their bed to cry under the blankets because their clothes are damp could not be more annoying and ridiculous. And with a family of five, that's FIVE sims having an emotional breakdown at the same time. It's so irritating.

Comments

• Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    I find with my dryers sometimes I have to dry them a second time? Now usually I upgrade the washer-dryer but I haven't this time and have noticed a big difference in how they react to the clothes. If you hover over dry laundry once the first cycle is done in the dryer, it indicates the dampness or dry level of the clothes. I am going to go in and update my dryer and washers now and see if that helps any and will update once I have done so :)
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    when you hover over the "unload and put away" option it will tell you if the clothes are dry or not. If they are not dry, they need to be dried again. Sometimes I think I load stuff into the dryer and forget to hit "dry." I sort of wish the option was just built in to putting stuff in the dryer.
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    I just double checked my game after updating the dryer - the Speed-Cycle upgrade dries clothing faster and so far today, I've only needed to dry the clothes once. I think the same applies to the clothes line as well especially if it's cold outside they may take longer to dry?
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    @AntoniaBaybee @Dannakyri1 Thank you both! Very helpful information!!