Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you miss from past sims games, which you would like to see in the Sims 4.

Hey Guys,

I thought it would be fun to list our favourite things in past sims games which we don't see now.
Maybe one day they will be added to Sims 4.
Here is mine:
  • Sims cuddling in bed
  • Sims freaking out when I delete an item (Happened once and it even freaked me out)
  • A adventure/holiday expansion pack. I absolutely loved Sims 3 world adventures and Sims 2 Bon Voyage
  • Cars! Mainly the in car interactions ;)
  • Being able to add your own images onto a canvas (can you still do this?)
  • The play interactions from Sims 2
  • A Colour wheel
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Stories which actually make an impact on the game (Lore)
  • Firefighters, Butlers, Repoman etc. Just wish they were included in the base game instead of having to buy a Expansion, Game or stuff Pack.
  • The vibe from Sims Urbz (I have no idea what I mean by this, I just maybe want some edge. Or maybe i'm just being nostalgic and need to dig my PS2 back out)
  • Teenagers getting Acne!

I'll leave it at that for now, I'm sure there is plenty more, but I would love to hear what you guys miss.

Here are some videos covering what details are missing in Sims 3 and 4. Apologies in advanced for getting you stuck in a sims video rampage.

The Sims 2: 50 FUN LITTLE DETAILS not in Sims 3 & Sims 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWEvlW9jbY

The Sims 2: YET 50 MORE FUN LITTLE DETAILS not in Sims 3 & Sims 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NPUgE_MOow

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    I mean......... the list goes on forever!! Lol i will just name a few besides what you already mentioned.
    I really want the promise to protect/asked to be protected interaction from sims 3. But I guess we need danger first. Burgerlers,zombies, something, anything!!

I really want alllllllllll the things we had for kids back such as tag,hand games,jump on couch,see saws, treehouses etc etc.

We are in desperate need of traits so I really want all the old traits back especially brave,coward. And faithful even if it's new.

All the things for toddlers like strollers,bouncers,crawling,teaching to walk, that kind of stuff.

I LOVE to watch the sims without forwarding and I love to watch the things they do in detail. So I wish they could have all the animation details of sims 2. Not the appearing disappearing stuff.

I want the ability to make serious or evil sims who don't smile constantly back.

Color wheel. Didn't think I needed it until I experienced it. 😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Horses, nectar making, architect career, inventor career with the ability to blow stuff, burglars, firefighters, cops taking kids and teens home and putting sims in prison when catched stealing, psychic career, singer career, resorts, midlife crisis, pranks, boarding schools, bands, romantic interactions like dancing together and so so soooo on...
  • Options
    Louise25213Louise25213 Posts: 199 Member
    omg yes! You don't realise what you had til its gone :'( So many things i had forgotten about. I really miss slow dancing as well. I found a mod for it but couldn't get it to work.
    I also really miss memories, i feel like that gave the game some depth.
    I do love Sims 4, its just needs all these details to make it come to life. Its' like being given a cake, which is delicious but its missing the icing and the decorations.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Spiral staircases, bunk beds, more of the "ordinary" careers, fears, newspapers, small telescopes, slow dancing, home businesses, horses, archery.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    At this point, some kind of dating pack or expansion. That whole concept needs to be reworked.

Horses as mentioned, hopefully with country/farming
    World adventures - especially nectar-making, France, Italy, Mediterranean world, more vacation worlds generally
    Hotels in new vacation worlds or Sulani
    "Generations" themes related to family members of all ages including children, teens and elders but also allowing more interaction for extended family members.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    The personality system alongside traits, to give sims more personality and more emergent gameplay. Memories, zodiac signs, anything that helps differentiate sims more and increases depth.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I miss babies that weren't objects that were tied to their bassinets... slow dancing, little details like grabbing doorknobs on cabinets, turning the sink on, actually chopping vegetables with a knife from a drawer, etc...
  • Options
    Aristarchus310Aristarchus310 Posts: 16 Member
    Functional newborns!

Let's not forget the times when our newborns could be carried around, handed to other Sims, changed at a changing station, bathed, and left on the floor. Or that your Sims could be slobby enough to leave dirty diapers and bottles laying about in previous games.

I also miss inviting the headmaster over for dinner and being able to send my children and teens off to boarding schools.
  • Options
    CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    fairies and werewolves.
  • Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I miss a TON, but probably the thing I wish for the most is more interaction with the babies.

My list includes being able to give a baby a bath in the sink, use the baby changing station, having a baby that is not an "object", actual cribs, teens getting acne (also think it would be fun to give them braces), having cars and garages, different vehicle interactions, grocery shopping and not having everything appear from nowhere, private school/boarding school and the headmaster, cuddling on the couch or bed, a coupling snuggling together while sleeping, the proposal and the permanent rings (does this still happen?), bunk beds, the ability to for kids to jump on beds, reading the newspaper/getting a newspaper, ordering pizza delivery and have the slices be removed like a real pizza would, child greeting to parents on their return home from work, actual buses coming to pick kids up, not them just disappearing, skipping action, the various games like marco polo or kids dancing on parents' feet or rock paper scissors, gymnastics, alarm clocks, the various skill level animations when working out, firefighter/exterminator/police response
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    The chemistry and attraction system in Sims 2
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Being able to actually have sims pull utensils out of the draws when they are cooking and better reactions!
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Yahir_21Yahir_21 Posts: 1 New Member
    On next gen ps5 and all that the sims should be more open world and you should have more options to go to work and actually control your sim!
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    The biggest thing for me is actual NPCs. Specifically the ones from the sims 1. The sims 2 had a couple nice ones too, but they were already a little less interesting.

I mostly love the Oldtown NPCs from unleashed. The saxophone player, fortune teller and the music man with the monkey! And of course miss Crumplebottom. The fact that they were actual Non Playable characters, with their own specific clothes, behaviors and actions, made the neighborhoods seem so much more lively and thematic. It added versatility beyond the randomly generated sims we get now, and that is extremely important for the whole believability of the game. To me the randomness we get now really really breaks immersion.

And the odd people that were walking around in Magic Town from Makin Magic, I really miss those too. They made the whole magic world seem so much more weird, wonky, dark, special and hidden.

The Sims 4's characters all seem to be quirky 20-year-olds, no matter if they are a teen or and elder, whatever occupation or personality they have. There are no stuffy old-fashioned sims, or anything like that, and that's just such a miss.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I miss the Heartshape Bed, Bunkbeds, Color Wheel, Textures, Eye lashes, Nails, Playable Babies, Shorter Teens, Cars, Boathouses, Into the Future, Horses, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies, Better Family Trees, Generations, Moonlight Falls, Bridgeport, More Traits, Fave Colors & Sign.
  • Options
    this-is-normthis-is-norm Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2020
    composting, the lounge interaction on beds/sofas, sims 3 food appliances, rabbit hole lots like the grocery store, burglars and firefighters, sims 3 lot sub-types (ex. dive/sports bars, fusion/vampire lounges, private/live show venues), slow dancing/couple dancing and ballet
  • Options
    frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    I liked a lot of the stuff that Sims 3 generations had to offer for the teens - proms, teen parties, graduation is a semi-event (that parents could attend!), and just more involvement in teen life in general. I don't know how those things could be added at this point with parenthood already out and whatnot.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Fears and wants from Sims 2 and their memory system. It was so nice to be able to check what an elder sim had been up to his or her whole life