Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims and Stuff

cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
Thought I'd start my own show-off thread, as I slowly master CAS, and build mode. CAS takes artistic knowledge (which I flunked art, luckily, it really didn't count anyway) and Build/Buy architecture and lots of pre-planning.

I'll start off with my Simself. I'll admit, basically George Rivers with not enough changes (besides, the guy looks pretty close to myself anyway) and the proportions are weird, due to me making changes where I should not have (that was before I realized body frames could be changed to represent different figures; such as myself being, well fatter).

cYfE6nk.png

Post edited by cody6268 on

Comments

• Options
    Mallory Wells, a Sim I've played with in lots of saves in various forms. At first, she was a teenager living with her parents. Last time, she was a married Young Adult. This time, a young adult living alone in Oasis Springs.

Name is based on a character from the TV series Heartland.

QwuHesK.png

Appearance, ROUGHLY (especially at a time I was still confused by CAS) based on this model used by Noble Outfitters a couple of years back. Pinterest, various stock photo websites (esp. Getty Images), Flickr, and models used by various online retailers usually serve as the reference source for the basis of most of my Sims.

SSWeUYJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I started browsing Getty Images around the time rumors about a farm pack started circulating. I chose a group of five specific women as I could tell they were actual cowgirls; not only due to their appearance but to the skills demonstrated. I did some digging based on the image tags, and learned these women were the 2017-2018 Utah Valley University Wolverines Women's Rodeo Team, and that the photoshoots they were featured in on Getty Images and iStock were done as a part of a fundraiser done in May of 2018. These are very skilled, and accomplished horsewomen. Academically and professionally accomplished as well. Due to headaches involving Getty Images copyright, instead of some of the images I used, I chose to instead link to the bios from the UVU Rodeo Team's Instagram page.

I chose to use their first names, but randomized last names. A personal rule in the game; that aside from my own Sim, no real names are to be used.

Shawnee. Still work in process, and I've been tweaking the design for months. In fact, she was her own household long before I finished up a couple more of the other women today. The shape of her face ,and her proportions are giving me a headache in CAS. That being said, I'm getting better.

Bkez40x.png

Emmalee. Interestingly enough (while still not perfect), she seems to have given me less trouble to replicate than any other model I have used for a Sim. Her facial features are surpisingly quite close to the rather exaggerated ones Sims have.

bJdRVWC.png

Sadie. Not only a competitive cowgirl, but also aworking cowgirl. Unfinished; still a lot more work to go. Wait, make that a lot. Gonna have to do a lot more work on the face. Proportions and clothing came from the Sim CAS gave when selecting a new Sim. That's gonna be reworked as well. The rounded face type gives me a lot of trouble.

iuHgOSa.png

Courtney. So far, pretty close it seems. Think the profile of the face needs to be wider just a bit.

bay9K6P.png

I did not want to link to the Getty Images photos (even with the fact the embed option is free to use for noncommercial use) due to the gray area that is the copyright, but I found one of the photos would be good to demonstrate the type of clothing that should be in a horse pack. And in this case, Courtney is wearing a straw cowboy hat with the proper brim (in the game, it is too narrow and short), a modern Western shirt with a vibrant butterfly print, jeans with a tooled leather belt and big ornate buckle, and well-worn square-toe Western boots. And the nearly one-ton elephant animal in the room, a horse. We don't really have any of that in the game at present.

While you can embed the images, I cannot get anything but the actual code string. The embed option is obviously for website building. They really should have a BBCode option like most photo hosting sites do. I don't know about the copyright doing it by showing the link and the watermarked image, but that's all that I could do with my knowledge. If this isn't within copyright--mods delete this.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/photo/cowgirl-and-horse-posing-in-empty-rodeo-arena-royalty-free-image/985246908

orOhw67.jpg

Post edited by cody6268 on