Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reality based gameplay with EPs

So I am 100% a reality based player and steer clear of anything supernatural or anything silly like that. I know, I m so much fun hahaha. Anyway, This is a huge reason why I have not gotten many EPs for the game. Most of them just don't appeal to me. Even when I bought Generations, I thought it would be straight forward family stuff, when..wait, what is that? A gift in the mail? An...imaginary friend? Ugh. lol. I had to get rid of that bit right away. Anyway, it occurs to me that I am missing out on a LOT of items, new towns, traits, activities, etc. I would really like to have these things, but I don't want to get random supernatural things generate in my game. Now I have the NRAAS Master Controller and other Mods, which is how I was able to eliminate the IF. Is there a way to turn off supernatural elements completely? Or different Mods for that?
The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    You can turn off the supernaturals in the game controls, just some of them or all of them as you wish. The only thing you can't turn off that way is the zombies, but you can either avoid them by setting the game to a particular moon phase so there's never a full moon or eliminate them with a mod.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    To stop Imaginary Friends from arriving in the mail after a baby is born, either a Tuning Mod from another source is required or NRaas Retuner can be used.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Imaginary-Friend

The same can be said about Zombies if one does not wish to forgo the full moon phase.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited March 2020
    I used to be the same way. I played completely without supernaturals so when I first bought the SN EP I was a bit nervous. At the time, I was trying to convince my sister to play and she said she wouldn't unless I bought Supernatural. She still didn't play even after I bought it as she said she didn't like all of the customizations of Sims 3 compared to Sims 2. The NERVE of her to dare say that! D:

Anyway, back to the main point. Yes, you can disable the supernaturals through the settings menu. There are also many mods out there to disable zombies and the other supernaturals. I still have zombies disabled because I hate those things with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I like to keep my gardens intact and pretty, dangit!

But I love playing with supernaturals now - they're fun and bring much-welcomed chaos in my game. Except for the time when a love spell caused my game to have kissing cousins. I quickly modded that spell out :D