Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game won't stop lagging...

Since the update my game is lagging like crazy, it's unplayable. I took out the cc and it made no difference. I deleted the cache file, I changed my graphics, I played in windowed mode and nothing is different, it's so slow to play. I don't know what else to do as I'm not very tech savvy, does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry if this is on the wrong thread but I couldn't make a post in the technical help section for some reason.

Comments

• Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Is it FPS lag or simulation lag?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »

I think simulation? When I go into game and try and play with the sims the camera is very slow and jerky and when I click for them to do anything there is a delay.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Might be an issue with your computer not being powerful enough for the sims 4.

Don't know your setup so it's hard to say.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Might be an issue with your computer not being powerful enough for the sims 4.

Don't know your setup so it's hard to say.

There shouldn't be, I've played since 2017 and have never had this issue, I've also got a 64 bit alienware computer.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Have you updated your graphics card drivers? Not having your drivers updated can cause severe lag.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Completely disconnect the internet from your computer (turn off wifi completely or completely remove the ethernet cable) and see if you can play okay without internet running.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

I think simulation? When I go into game and try and play with the sims the camera is very slow and jerky and when I click for them to do anything there is a delay.

Tha sounds like both fps and simulation lag. What's your computer's specs?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I don't think it their system. I started having the same problem going into the game. My computer runs Sims 3 just fine. It most likely a bug somewhere in their code. It might be related to Sims 4 camera.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    james64468 wrote: »

I don't think it their system. I started having the same problem going into the game. My computer runs Sims 3 just fine. It most likely a bug somewhere in their code. It might be related to Sims 4 camera.

It's debatable. I don't know how bad OP's camera lag is. I have had the fps problem since a long long time and I have gone thru 3 gaming laptops since 2015 and they all had the problem especially on bigger lots. So it's a bit strange for me to hear OP is only seeing the bad fps now. 🤷‍♀️

For the simulation lag, that is def a bug/bad coding.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OP, if you have laptop with a dedicated card and an Intel card, just make sure that the game is using the dedicated card. Cuz sometimes the game updates might switch them back.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Have you updated your graphics card drivers? Not having your drivers updated can cause severe lag.

Good advice, but before you update, Google the version you are updating to as sometimes they release buggy drivers that cause issues. Granted, you can easily roll back, but if you have no idea how to do that, then you may be in for a tough ride.

There is a mod to help alleviate simulation lag.

Try lowering some settings, too.
  • Options
    Hey sorry for not replying and thanks for all the advice! Turns out it was my graphics driver and I had it updated. Thanks to everyone who replied :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Hey sorry for not replying and thanks for all the advice! Turns out it was my graphics driver and I had it updated. Thanks to everyone who replied :smiley:

Glad you got it solved!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    omysunshineomysunshine Posts: 3 New Member
    My game is very laggy when I go to big lots with multiple floors and its unnecessary because every form of cc i have in-game is merged and i only have a small amount of mods, Ive also tried boosting it with Raze Cortex. But I think my processor cant handle it much. But it runs fine at a small lot so I dont know why itz lagging any help?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited March 2020
    OP, if you have laptop with a dedicated card and an Intel card, just make sure that the game is using the dedicated card. Cuz sometimes the game updates might switch them back.

My game is also slow. It definitely became worse after installing discover university. I will check for driver updates. How can I check if the game uses the dedicated card?
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited March 2020
    Mine is also unplayable. Looked everywhere, but couldn't find my MODS folder (think I have too many?) . Anyone know where it got hidden?

EDIT: might have to go thru the SAVES folder and clean it up, if anyone knows where it is (I'm a rotational player, so it's gotta be full)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!