Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to build a bakery like this?

I want to build a bakery that my sims can visit and purchase goods from but I don’t want my sims to be the owner of the bakery.

Is there a way to set something like this up and have the store stocked for when my sims visit?

Has anyone tried this...

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes. You have to own it first with a sim and then set things for sale and the pricing and things like that. So it's best if you have a good cook "buy" it, put things in it and set them for sale.

Once you've done that, then that sim can sell the business and it will become an npc run shop.

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Yes you can @shanls96 but you have to activate it first: finish your bakery the play it as a retailer with another household or in another save (a testing save). You will need to fill it with stock and pricing it. It is fun and at the same time you will test your build. Once all this is done just save it to your library (if you are in another save) and place it where you want it. Once it is activate it will work at any new saves. Bakeries are really fun to play, good for family meetings, hangout with friends and the best: dates <3 I have played the same bakery for years ;)
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    Awesome thank you everyone!!

Does the bakery restock as well automatically?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @shanls96 Yes. It restocks, but only with those items you set for sale. So it's good to have a good variety. Mine was a bakery/deli and it sold all kinds of things, even lobster thermidor and turkey dinners.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I put a bakery on the exchange that I stocked a long time ago. If the food transfers it has 1 of almost everything. My id is jjb1446
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have an Old Salt House Bakery on the gallery, I think it's stocked I'll check and if not could do the stocking again and reshare it, AllyKatz77
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    PHU8gGE.pngpX92x9K.pngq5koObG.pngpRJQSD0.pngxJIvMcG.png5ThxtOc.pngRVokJt7.pnggu3dlqg.pngVStpN5k.png This bakery is now remade over by changing the top adding a computer in the break room and another area to sell goods, which are fully stocked even the freezer part is as long as the game allows them to show up. Hope you like it, if you do its under AllyKatz77, its the Old Salt House Bakery