Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on every life state in the sims 4 so far and what could have been fixed

So here is my feedback so far on every current life state that is in the sims 4 and what could’ve been improved

Ghosts: Now I loved ghosts in the sims 2 and 3, but I do have my issues with the ghosts in the sims 4. For starters they show up all the time in random places which just seems odd. I also personally don’t like the fact that their color depends on their emotion instead of how they died. They are just too cartoony for me, not that’s there’s anything wrong with cartoony stuff but I actually want ghosts in my game to be rare and spooky.

Aliens: Not the worst ones but could definitely use improvement, one issue is the fact that random aliens don’t use their disguise in public when the game literally gives it to them, it makes giving them a disguise almost a useless feature. Also I miss all the abilities they had in the sims 3, oh well. One thing I do enjoy is the fact that they at least got a tiny hidden world dedicated for them. Also the scientist career is fun and I enjoy the alien aspect that’s involved in GTW.

Vampires: probably the best life state we have so far. Vampires was one of my favorite game packs, the perk system was an amazing feature and it was brilliant that they gave us such a variety of vampires to choose from. The amount of diversity and powers we have as well, the customization, the details are so good

Mermaids: honestly probably the most useless life state if you don’t count the temporary plant sims (which I won’t even include on this list) but seriously what use do mermaids have? The island living expansion pack was let down for me, and I was super hyped for it for nothing. If there was a way to actually go under water in the game and see things like sharks or whatever, then mermaids would be fun. Seriously they could have made a tiny underwater world for mermaids like they did aliens. And so many powers they could have given, but there’s nothing to do. The only thing I really enjoy about mermaids is creating them in CAS because they are super pretty and fun to make.

Spellcasters: can’t say too much as I haven’t touched ROM yet, but from what I’ve seen they definitely could use improvement, the potions and spells for one could have been SOOOO much better, like what happened to the toad spell from the sims 1 and sims 3?? Hello?

Servo: honestly can’t say anything as I’ve yet to play with them.
t0j4i8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Aliens need power perks, more alien looks & a proper planet.

Vampires need to be scary.

Mermaids need to stop being invisible from the waist down.

Spellcasters need Staff & witch hats.

The offsprings of the Occults need powers as children.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

SERVERFRA wrote: »

You’d think with big movies like Harry Potter that children would get powers but no
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2020
    more relationship and moodlet related to vampire more, like hunted, infatuated with vampire or "Known Vampire" in relationship status are pretty much needed and might be the only improvement it will ever need
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited February 2020
    -Ghost babies need to be a thing.
    -Would have been nice to have a whole secret underwater lot for the mermaids. Maybe in an underwater cave or something.
    -Make the Alien planet livable for our sims.(also would apply to the mermaid world as well) Wasted opportunity.
    -Real hybrids(not the glitchy ones that sometimes happen in the game by accident) would have been cool.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited February 2020
    Dare we spesk of plant sims. This life state could have been amazing! But instead it was a brief reskinning of your sim. I would like them to have new abilities, an aspiration and the option to stay permanently in the state - when they are unlocked you could unlock a tree similar to vampires.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Vampires would be the best if they worked. when in CAS When I try to make the vampire look the way I want The human changes to. So I get two vampires or two human looking sims. But I can't have the regular sim with the vampire dark side. And I can't make Grand Master because the survive 20 days doesn't work it keeps going back to zero.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Vampires would be the best if they worked. when in CAS When I try to make the vampire look the way I want The human changes to. So I get two vampires or two human looking sims. But I can't have the regular sim with the vampire dark side. And I can't make Grand Master because the survive 20 days doesn't work it keeps going back to zero.

@Behappy1st When you're in CAS, look at your Vampire's mini-portraits of regular and dark form. Just above them there is an icon that looks like a chain link. If you click on that, the chain will "open" and it will disconnect the double editing so that you can change each form independently. For some reason, the default seems be set on keeping the two forms connected so that any change effects both, so you have to manually click that off.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Ghosts: I agree with the OP that ghosts are too common. I mean, come on, they pop up everywhere and every sim that dies becomes one by default. Totally lame. There isn't even a Fear/Scared emotion for a proper reaction to ghosts popping up everywhere or a ghostbuster job to help us clean up the excess ghost population. Overused and underdone, that's TS4's ghosts in a nutshell.

Aliens: Aliens are O.K. and they're fun for what they are. I just wish that They would add the appearance linking function from the vampires' dark forms to the alien disguises. I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to recreate your alien sim's basic appearance in their human disguise each and every time. No, I do not want my alien to be all fit and good-looking, then have an ugly pear-man body and freaky-looking random face in his human form, thanks. I like my aliens' human disguises to share their basic build and features, just being a humanized version of that. I can do that well enough with my vampires' forms, but I still have to manually fuss with my aliens...that, or try to use cheats to copy their features properly, which is too round-about and over-complicated to do all the time. Also, I'd like to choose which aliens forgo their disguise entirely and which ones hide, thank you very much. I like having some aliens just like, " 'Sup, I'm an alien. Problems?" and others who are trying to be incognito, and I want my out aliens to be out even when I'm not playing them.

Vampires: The best done of the lot so far, and I hope that when (and it had better be a "when") they do werewolves, they take inspiration from what they did with vampires for them. My only big peeve with vampires in TS4 is that when you switch households, if you have vampires that have learned any of the advanced movement powers (Move as a Bat, Teleport as Mist, Vampiric Run), the game automatically turns on the option for them to always move that way. It totally ruins things with vampires that you want to be hiding their true nature when the game does that. Plus, it's disrespectful to player agency. If I wanted my vampires to always use their advanced movement powers to get around, I'd set them to do it myself. I hate that the game fiddles with my settings when I switch households. It does that with my computer security settings too, because every time I go from one household to another I always have to reset the lockout on each of my sims' personal computers since I'll often come back to the game putting the wrong sims in the wrong rooms on their roommates computers!! ...But, that last part about the computers is a whole other rant entirely...I also really wish that a vampire hunter could actually kill vampires instead of just splashing a potion on them and taking their powers away. That's pretty lame. Then, you cheat-kill the vampire and they come back straight away as a flippin' ghost...UGH!!

Spellcasters: They're...alright. Just alright. I wanted to be able to cause a lot more mayhem with them, to be honest. The elemental spells aren't deadly enough (they just make other sims a bit uncomfortable for a little while when you cast them on them), duels are fun, the Magic Realm is a cool concept but the Magic HQ could have been much better designed and built and the shopping district and greenhouse are both letdowns, and learning magic is just kind of grindy with little real fun to be had unless you actually build a whole storyline around the grind (and, yes, grinding in a game CAN be fun in and of itself if the leveling mechanics are designed well enough, but the skill grinding in ROM is sub-par...like the later stages of gaining vampire skill levels, but if that later stage grind started at Fledgling instead of Master...). The practical skills are good, but I wish that the mischief and untamed spells had more oomph to them in terms of their effects and potential for chaos, destruction, and hilarity.

Mermaids: First strike against them is that they had the nerve to put out merfolk before werewolves. Second strike is that they didn't even get a skill tree like vampires and casters. I mean, I could have forgiven them putting out merfolk before werewolves if they at least had been given a proper skill tree like vampires got, but they just had to add insult to injury by putting out merfolk with a bunch of pre-picked skills like aliens instead of a proper skill tree like vampires. Useless fish...

In summary, supernatural sims have been hit-or-miss here, with ghosts and merfolk being the biggest misses, aliens and casters being in the middle, and vampires still being the biggest hit of the bunch. Something tells me that whoever is calling the shots on occults this time around loves aliens and vampires but has no love for any other occult elements of this series whatsoever or even the real life folklore attached to them.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

@Behappy1st When you're in CAS, look at your Vampire's mini-portraits of regular and dark form. Just above them there is an icon that looks like a chain link. If you click on that, the chain will "open" and it will disconnect the double editing so that you can change each form independently. For some reason, the default seems be set on keeping the two forms connected so that any change effects both, so you have to manually click that off.
    Omg Thank You sooo much. I am going to go check that as soon as I'm done reading this. You may have saved the game for me because I love the vampires and it was really getting me down.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

And be prepared to be persistent. It took several CAS sessions to repair a vamp's dark form and every time the game insisted on linking the two. Poor planning - default should be unlinked.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Ghost Does not exist in the game and just sims with colored body with 1 or 2 interaction. That's it.
  • Options
    rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    Hi everybody! I see everybody going on about appearances a lot for the Sims and that's literally the last thing on my mind especially since the Sims has such an amazing modding community. Thanks to mods, my alien Sims looked great, what I'm upset about is the lack of powers and magic. I mean, that's the whole point in playing a non-human Sim, right!?

I haven't played the mermaid pack yet but I'm excited to give it a try. I will say I personally love the mages, I hate wands so I love just being able to do stuff with my hands. I find the animation and the magic very cool but I agree that there wasn't much cultural affects or reactions to the amazingness of the magic. I wish they had more long lasting affects. I was also incredibly upset that the familiars didn't have more interactions or could also have pet status.

Vampires are great, I was fine with the ghosts personally.

Aliens... God. Sims 3 had the BEST aliens and Plantsims hands down on terms of their powers. I think on terms of appearances aliens got a HUGE upgrade especially thanks to the community. But even if it isn't open world there's still open/public lots. Why they 🐸🐸🐸🐸 can't we abduct people, do alien invasions, or summon meteorites!? That stuff was the best you guys!! They totally should have brought that back and more! They should have gave them mini saucers or something that could fit into their inventory!

And I miss Plantsims so much, I really wish we had proper Plantsims in the Sims 4. I loved those little guys! They could just casually grow babies in their garden! Why the hell not!? That beats pregnancy and live birth, haha! I wanted to see them with more unique appearances, like adding real plant like looks to them beyond leaves and vines. Like roses, sunflowers, the Bloody Tooth of Veiled Lady fungi. Customizing their appearances based off real plants. I also wanted to see them have more elaborate plant based magic, such as growing plants super fast and healthy. Maybe do something kind of Lovecraftian and make the plants be unusually big and potentially toxic if ate. The ability to release toxic spores from their skin that could make Sims nearby sick or even release gases or resin that heals people. I loved those guys so much. I really want to see them make a proper come back. They were awesome in Sims 2 and especially in Sims 3, I was so impressed with it. Aliens and Plantsims made such an awesome comeback in Sims 3 I really hoped to see them come back bigger and better than ever especially after I saw that vampires and mages had actual perks and skills they could learn with their powers. I wanted that same treatment for aliens and Plantsims.

For Merpeople too, honestly. I would have liked to see more oceanic magic, maybe ocean curses like turning someone into the Flying Duchman or the Kraken or Davy Jones or something, haha! They do have a couple unique skills from what I've seen from other Simmers on Youtube and blogs. So they're not totally behind the others but I do think they could use a little more magic to further their unique traits. I also agree that there should be an underwater lot and an over water lot so people could actually going boating.

I personally don't mind not having open world, I was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it at first when the game first game out but then I remembered the countless rabbit holes in the third game. What's the point in having open world if there's going to be 100 🐸🐸🐸🐸 rabbit holes anyway? I would like us to have larger lots or maybe open towns before we hit loading screen (loading screens aren't too bad in the Sims 4 thankfully). But the towns should absolutely be more involved and have more stuff for us to interact with in the environment. I don't see at all why they couldn't have made these extra lots to give us more room for having proper house boats again or diving and enabling merpeople to swim under water. I think the Sims team have strong ideas but they just don't freaking execute them properly or well enough the first time which is a terrible shame.

On that note, I wish someone could make a mod for aliens and Plantsims. At least create a mini saucer exclusively for aliens that they can use to do cool 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with and add proper Plantsims into the game but I realize that is a TON of work!! TTnTT.
  • Options
    rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    Oops, sorry for the flower emoji censors, everyone. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to swear. I just got excited and went for it. My bad!
  • Options
    rune1973rune1973 Posts: 15 New Member
    well i have feedback on teenage life stage basically some things they could do to improve them or make them look more teenage rather than look like copy's of adults these changes if done wouldn't be until sims 5 or if able with a update to sims 4 - height is the first there basically size of young adult witch yes is also basically size of a adult sim in game. To me teen size should be between child size and young adult size in that area i think would be more teenage like i also know you do get taller teens.

The second thing is more distinguishable body features for teenagers like they always have a slightly skinnier body build no matter what you do to them they just look slightly skinnier. And different skin texture like more lighter and smoother something around that area to young adults to show them apart more.

Also continuing from second thing with body features there muscles teens can build them up but have a less muscular build to young adults. So they can still have a muscular look but less so than young adult sim stage yes not everyone would agree just what i think would be good.