Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We should be able to designate weather clothes sub-options for different CAS categories

That is, each of the CAS categories, like party, athletic, ect, should be able to have designated hot and cold weather options for each category. So, not just hot weather outfits and cold weather outfits, but hot weather party outfits and cold weather athletic outfits, that kind of thing, and sims should automatically wear what is appropriate to the occasion AND season. I think we're all a bit weary of joggers dying outside our houses--even when they're wearing sweaters, cause those sweaters are part of "athletic outfits" and not "cold weather outfits," and I just had guest to the Winterfest party my sim was hosting freeze to death walking to front door cause her "party clothes" were not weather appropriate (she was a celebrity and so was walking more slowly, and to be fair I was distracted and forgot to click on her normal walk style, but I feel like this shouldn't be a problem in the first place lol.)

Comments

• Options
    Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    That, and I would love to be able to set clothes based on the type of weather. Like hot but rainy and take advantage of the female raincoats that don't appear under cold weather clothes.
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I agree!! Also I’d like an outerwear category because I find it so annoying to have sims wearing coats and hats inside.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Yes! I’ve suggested that when Seasons drops. Really wish this could be implemented.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes. I was hoping for something like this before Seasons was released. I never use raincoats because it's weird if a sim randomly changes into one as everyday wear. I'm thankful that we do get the categories, but I think some refinement would make clothing work more efficiently.

I am also going to throw in a vote for sims taking shoes, hats, coats and gloves off whilst indoors.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This is how I believe they should have delivered be it for seasons and not the mess we got.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    That's a really good idea. That would make so much more sense, I never really liked that sims can die of the weather just because for some reason they cannot change into appropriate clothing themselves.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just wish they would auto change out of cold weather clothes when they go inside a home.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes. I was hoping for something like this before Seasons was released. I never use raincoats because it's weird if a sim randomly changes into one as everyday wear. I'm thankful that we do get the categories, but I think some refinement would make clothing work more efficiently.

I am also going to throw in a vote for sims taking shoes, hats, coats and gloves off whilst indoors.
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I just wish they would auto change out of cold weather clothes when they go inside a home.

This is how the series used to work. I wish that TS4 would go back to that norm rather than trying to be different for the sake of being different.

If they must make something work differently, the priority should be that the 'new' option be an improvement, not a step backward.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so agree.
  • Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    This does seem like an important thing to have missed out. 🤔
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    What the - I’ve never had a jogger die outside my house lol?

I’m ngl CAS is long as is, 1 hot or cold outfit is enough for me. I often wish we could add our own styled looks to help shorten the process, or that they’d better organise the hundreds of items.. But anyway, you can add up to 5 looks for each category if I remember correctly? So you could easily add a cold formal look, a cold party look etc..?

As for sims not dressing appropriately, don’t you get your sims to shower in the morning? Or help them get ready with some kind of routine for the day ahead? I think people forget the sims are your responsibility lol if you send them outside in their underwear, in a blizzard and they die, shocker hun - that’s on you? It’s still a game at the end of the day, the sims are purposefully designed to need our help and intervention lol
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm referring to NPCs @dd994. Yes, the sims in the household I control are fine, but as I stated in my original post, if you actually read it, the situations I'm talking about are sims I DON'T control not dressing for the weather, because they are out jogging or coming to a party. An NPC WILL NOT wear their cold weather clothing while jogging or attending an event, regardless of how cold it is. The situation I very clearly described was that a guest to a party my sim was throwing froze to death walking to the front door because the game told her to dress in her party outfit and not her cold weather outfit.The only way I could make her wear her cold weather outfit was to send my sim out to greet her and ask to "see cold weather" under the social interactions, which my sim wasn't fast enough doing because they live on quite a large lot. I'm fine taking care of the household I'm actively playing, but it's not reasonable to expect me to do the same for the dozens and dozens of NPCs in other households.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS2 non controlled sims, by default, are in cold weather gear once the temp drops, usually late fall through early spring. For this to no longer be the case is either laziness or incompetence, and should be addressed regardless of which. One's own sims, when directed to leave the house will stop at the door change, then proceed. The reverse happens when they go back in. How could EA omit such normal and sensible human behavior?
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    In TS2 non controlled sims, by default, are in cold weather gear once the temp drops, usually late fall through early spring. For this to no longer be the case is either laziness or incompetence, and should be addressed regardless of which. One's own sims, when directed to leave the house will stop at the door change, then proceed. The reverse happens when they go back in. How could EA omit such normal and sensible human behavior?

Well, they will change into weather appropriate clothing...unless they're doing something that calls for another kind of outfit, like a party or when they're jogging. So having a party with guests can be a death sentence if there's bad weather, and of course sims decide to jog all the time. The real issue is that we don't have things like "hot weather party" or "cold weather athletic" outfits for those specific situations.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I would also like to be able to pick the outfits for the venues. The only choice we have is restaurants. If they go to a bar, karaoke, or dance club, they can show up in anything. I'd like them to wear party clothes in some places.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That makes sense. It's kind of weird how that isn't naturally a thing already.