Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overlooked Build/Buy objects We're still Missing

After transitioning to playing Sims 4 on console (PS4), I've found that life without cc isn't all that bad. However, every time I'm building or remodelling my sim's homes, I still find myself sweating over the lack of a handful of simple Objects, and variations not yet added.
Now, with so much of the community discussing our hopes for larger, more popular object and feature requests, I often wonder if some of these rudimentary, yet sorely missed objects might end up forgotten.

A few overlooked objects that top my list would be...

An Upright Piano:
It's fantastic that we have a keyboard and pipe organ that are separate instruments from the piano (keyboard shares piano skill though), but why, after all these years, do we still only have huge grand pianos as our only acoustic piano option. I'd be satisfied if the devs simply separated the saloon piano that's baked into the Get Famous western movie set, gave it normal piano functionality, and released it in a patch.
Although at this point, I'd probably buy a whole pack, even if the piano was the only interesting thing in it.

A Normal, Traditional Ceiling Fan:
We have a palm leaf fan, and a modern/industrial fan (the latter of which I use all the time), but what about a older, four-bladed retro ceiling fan.
Simply googling "1970's ceiling fan" should provide plenty of ideas.

A retro TV, and tabletop Vintage Radio:
Our electronics selection is lacking in diversity. A cheap or vintage tube TV, in more than just black, grey and white swatches would be a welcome addition to the current television selection. As would a 1950's style table radio, or even an antique Gramophone.

If anyone else is reminded of other non-gameplay, seldom requested, simple objects that seem obvious, but are still absent In The Sims 4, Share them here. (No gameplay or new feature ideas, there are plenty of threads discussing that already ;) )

Comments

• Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    Some more retro items would be great. I think some decade focused stuff packs so we have a collection of retro objects from a particular time period would be better that a one off item.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    A regular telescope is one thing that I have been missing. Observatory just takes too much space sometimes.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    There's a few objects from previous iterations I would love to have in TS4, including those you've already mentioned. For instance:

Pool Table
    Doorbell - Though not really an 'object'. My Sims keep missing visitors because they can't hear them knock.
    Porch & Wood framed Garden swings - For the wood framed I'm talking about the 2-seater type with padded cushions. We had one in TS1 (maybe even TS2?) that I loved!
    Juicer
    Radio controlled Toy car
    In Ground Hot Tub

That's it for now. I have a huge list, but I'll stop here. :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want crates for pets.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    The telescope from TS3.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Grocery store or warehouse build supplies with the ability to open a real life GROCERY STORE where you can stock and sell grocery products like bread, eggs, and milk. I believe that should have came with the base game or at least with earlier expansion world packs.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Totally agree! Upright, a normal telescope & microscope, separate oven & stove top, pool table, a small arcade machine, seesaw for kids & adults, different pot sizes for planting, & many more functional items that they could add to enhance our gameplay.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2020
    There is more stuff missing:

Build mode
    spiral stairs
    ladders

Buy mode
    bunk beds
    loft beds
    all-in-one-bathroom
    pottery wheel
    mechanical stitching machine
    drums
    costume chest (for kids)
    walking canes (for elders)
    skee ball
    golf range
    photo both
    mechanical bull
    pool bar
    vending machines
    tree houses (for kids and teens)
    sleeping bags
    rocking chair
    whack a gnome
    the claaaw
    miniature train set
    rocking rider
    snow cone maker
    apple bobbing tank
    soccer goal
    snowboard half-pipe
    classic gumball machine
    baby swing
    toddler walker
    playpen
    crystal ball
    black jack & roulette table
    slot machine
    chicken coop
    milking it dairy corral
    ballett barre
    wave station
    toy machine
    tractor
    fixer-upper car
    cars
    motorcycles
    glassblowing station
    nectar making station
    canning station
    world of wonder carousel
    juicer
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love all these ideas, esp. upright pianos! I would also love an exercise bike and dumbbells. I was so disappointed Fitness Stuff didn't include them.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love some hanging plants. I am really hoping they make it into the object vote for the community participation stuff pack.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited February 2020
    Overlooked items that could potentially be forgotten and not added before they move on to TS5 (but I hope not):
    Pool tables
    Urinals (they added toilet stalls but forgot urinals for male restrooms)
    Diving board (not the diving platform from Get Together, but a regular diving board like in TS2/TS3)
    Pool slide
    Pool bar
    In-ground hot tubs
    More types of gym equipment (stationary bikes, bench press, pull-up bar)
    Playground slides for kids (we only have one for toddlers)
    Playground merry-go-round
    Seesaw
    Trampoline
    Hammocks
    Separate cooktop that can be placed on top of counters
    Separate wall oven (with double variant)
    Blender/Food processor
    Deep fryer/Air fryer
    Juicer
    Trash compactors
    Landline phones (not really much used nowadays but it's cool for more vintage houses)
    Drums
    Regular arcade machine (we only have a giant one from Get Together, but no normal-sized ones)
    Vending machines
    Solar panels and water wells (useful for off the grid lots, they would provide electricity and water for those lots, or make bills cheaper in regular lots)
    Regular-sized telescope
    Soccer goal (although this is unlikely since we got soccer balls in DU, even though they forgot soccer goals)
    Functional/animated elevators

Not really overlooked (we'll probably get them eventually), but we're still missing them:
    Bunk beds/Loft beds
    Cars and garage doors
    Ladders
    Spiral stairs
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2020
    Some awesome ideas. Many of these smaller things don't come up in discussion often, some of them don't even need any extra animations, and are just space savers, or elements of realism. Urinals, doorbells, landlines, separate cooktops/wall ovens, and most importantly, regular versions of the telescope, microscope, and anything else that's cartoonishly large.

Just thought of something else... Buyable version of the CL apartment problems, specifically the electrical panel.
    The "quirks" are tied to their respective objects, not the lot trait, so adding movable/deleatable clones to the available Debug object catalogue shouldn't be to difficult.
  • Options
    jessieu726jessieu726 Posts: 6 New Member
    Baby items! Beautiful nursery items would be an amazing addition to this game. The current newborn baskets are kind of tacky, so some nice wooden cribs would be great. Functional changing tables (I would even settle for just decorative changing tables) and some more mobiles as well. All of the pink/blue/purple baby stuff really clashes with some of my nice, modern builds, and I think the baby items in this game are the most undeveloped. I'd also really like to see a spiral staircase. It would be a great addition to a small house, as it would only take up a square or two of space, and I think it could be made to look really lovely, maybe with wood steps and a decorative metal handrail.
  • Options
    Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    Since the computer, the video game system, and the VR platform have multiple game choices for a sim to do, they should do arcade cabnets for each one for people that may want to set up a arcade, also the game could use some vending machines and maybe a few more kiosk options like a smaller hotdog cart