Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does my toddler hate me?

Seems everything I do to interact with my new toddler, results in a negative friendship reaction. Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    Dangle him above the expensive trashcan that gives you money when you recycle. Let him know that you could use that $10 to buy a friendlier goldfish instead.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Put it in the fridge and it should chill out a bit.

Child protection services will definitely approve of that lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    :D Have had three so far. The angelic daughter was just that but the inquisitive son throws little tranturms and his food and stamps his foot when Dad tries to put him in the bath. Looks about right to me.
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    It occurs to me that it MAY be due to my sim being evil... Kids can sense evil perhaps?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    It occurs to me that it MAY be due to my sim being evil... Kids can sense evil perhaps?

Could be -- might depend on the toddler traits too.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member

Could be -- might depend on the toddler traits too.

Independent. Doubt it's that. Gets along great with the mother, hates the father. (shrug)
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Maybe the kid knows a secret the mother should tell the father. Like the kid is really the milkman's kid.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Dangle him above the expensive trashcan that gives you money when you recycle. Let him know that you could use that $10 to buy a friendlier goldfish instead.

We so need the LOL button back! :D:D:D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    If the parent he hates keeps telling him off, there relationship will go down. which I don't think is right, kids need to be told off when their playing with the toilet, but sim toddlers get mad at their parents when there told off. and sometimes the parents tell them off before you can stop them.
  • Options
    AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    Seems everything I do to interact with my new toddler, results in a negative friendship reaction. Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

I've *never* had this happen until now. Seriously. So I'm thinking it might be parent/toddler angst.
    IE: Mom's a nice enough Vampire, but she's not going Good, and her baby, though full-blood, is Angelic. She sits next to him while he's sleeping to do homework and the kid gets little negatives. >.< Never happened until now.

Might be the mods. Might be the new expansion. Could be the toddler senses his teen mom shouldn't have been doing what she was doing. >.>
  • Options
    AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    Update: After posting this comment the *same* parent/toddler seem to be getting along just fine without even exiting the game. o.o Gotta love The Sims. :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member

Bingo! That strikes a cord with me. Perhaps your little 'darling' is destined to have the Good trait?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    If the parent he hates keeps telling him off, there relationship will go down. which I don't think is right, kids need to be told off when their playing with the toilet, but sim toddlers get mad at their parents when there told off. and sometimes the parents tell them off before you can stop them.

Sounds like a teen's reaction to being told, 'no'. LOL There is some psychological equivalents between teens and toddlers, after all. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Reecie2017Reecie2017 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wanted to know if anyone else's toddlers can't interact with their family? Not the parents or siblings, but extended family such as Aunts and Uncles (who don't live with them)
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm experiencing that right now, my toddler has good traits, yet he still refuses to do much! Even when he's stinky, he won't bathe!
  • Options
    Alundra22Alundra22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I believe i know why my toddler hates me
    well it somewhat liked me UNTIL i unlocked vampire lv 2 and unlocked uncomfortable hissing
    Questions is how can i fix this the trait lock in i thing ? <3 :( :s
  • Options
    Alundra22Alundra22 Posts: 2 New Member
    As soon as it becomes a child lol ( u know what i mean ) i take its soul into the shadow realm ( if possible ) this MAY fix the baby of it hate HOPEFULLY
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers get angry way too often. And then they crave food and drink to alleviate that anger. Is that how modern parents deal with kids nowadays? Shutting their kids up by stuffing them with food?

When needs get low, toddlers should get uncomfortable or sad. Not angry like crossed little majesties from Hell. I've had angelic toddlers be mad constantly, because if it wasn't a need problem, then they had played for too long with a particular thing. How does that cause anger? My latest independent toddler constantly hit the teddy bear. Why? *Shrugs, rolls eyes*

Anyway, I think it's random that your toddler doesn't like the father. I don't think him being evil has anything to do with it. It's just an inconsistency like the other billions in this game =/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member

I DIEDDDDDDDDDD
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top