Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

water problem

okay i was sculpting my island and all of the sudden water parts just disappeared.. will it be permanent?

Comments

• Options
    EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Try this: in the program menu at the top ('File'|'View'|"About'), select 'View', then 'Layers', and make sure there is a checkmark next to 'Water'. The 'Layers' menu allows you to enable/disable the display of various (and I assume at this time, default) layers such as the water and terrain. It may be that you have simply disabled the display of the water by accident.
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited December 2009
    did you accidently lower the water level?
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2009
    okay guys i checked every thing and it's still not there.. the water layer is enabled and some of the water parts are missing.. hmm

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy145/meetasyraf/hahaa.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Hell9997Hell9997 Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2009
    I've made a lake in the middle of my island and theres no water effect over it, just the terrain fading out to blue. The ocean is okay with the effect.
  • Options
    Vash1224Vash1224 Posts: 188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    simsAsyraf wrote:
    okay i was sculpting my island and all of the sudden water parts just disappeared.. will it be permanent?

yeah i'm having the same problem Asyraf, been tampering around with stuff to see what could have caused it. i am wondering if it could be linked to an object casting a shadow or something, cause it occurred for me when i placed a bridge object.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thank god someone brought this up. I thought it was perhaps just my world...and pretty bad :shock:

iegfoj.jpg

I just realised it has got bigger from last time, before it was about half its size :cry: It really kinda ruins the worlds

Edit- I went to see what was happening under the water and if it was something on the base or what. Anyway this is what it looks like on the boundary of normal water and this blue stuff.

2n64tg7.jpg

What I found even stranger is where the it has gone blue on top of the water you can still see the water ripples underneath. I know its hard to see with a picture but with time on you can see it moving

208fbmb.jpg

It kinda looks like a veil has been laid over part of the water :? Still cant figure out why.

Post edited by Unknown User on