Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh Sims, you are funny.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Time for a “Oh Sims..” or a “Only in the Sims” style thread.

Share those moments when your Sim does things like:
-stealing a carrot from work
-washing up the soda can in a sink of hot sudsy water

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    My kleptomaniac Sim teen steals dirty dishes from school every day. Every day I get the note that Brian stole an item from school and it's always dirty dishes. Lol, that boy has an obsession. His criminal boss dad may need to have a discussion with him.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm not sure if this is what you are thinking of, but how about this? My sim and her best friend, a guy, wanting to get a bit to close to each other.

83092464_1485272068289750_2723815207687159808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=DmrTGFRaYroAX9GGw_F&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=1b39119520ceabb1c3b3b013a1c6531f&oe=5ED008BB
  • Options
    Ah yeah, mine loves to bring dishes from the criminal rabbithole too @Kimmer. Did you know you can get a positive moodlet by dragging them (the dirty dishes) into the world and "Return Stolen Object"?

It almost makes a rather unique outfit @LaBlue0314 :o:D
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    - Sims dining at a table having to get up and hug before being able to sit back down and talk.
    - Cutting corners by walking through walls and furniture.
    - Putting cupcakes in the dishwasher.
    - Routing to a toilet upstairs instead of the one in the next room, because there is less distance through the ceiling.
    - Going to bed on a full bladder and empty stomach, because energy is just a wee bit lower than those two needs.
    - Biking into a house or venue, and getting on their bike in those places too.
    - Biking on the sidewalks, zig-zagging between pedestrians.
    - Pets and toddlers snailing their way down stairs and outside to greet a homecoming Sim who has already gone inside and started other activities.
    - Grown Sim-men quivering their lower lips in discomfort like a baby.
    - Sims not being able to do anything, because a another Sim across the neighborhood wants to chat, but takes ages to arrive and can't be cancelled.
    - Spellcasters falling from the sky (off their brooms) randomly.
    - Hungry Sims grabbing a plate of food just to put it down again and not eat.
    - Sick animals everywhere.
    - Sims not obeying because toddler check is much more important.
    - Putting toddlers in high chairs for no reason.
    - Toddlers getting angry over nothing and wanting food for any and all reasons.

The list goes on...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Ah yeah, mine loves to bring dishes from the criminal rabbithole too @Kimmer. Did you know you can get a positive moodlet by dragging them (the dirty dishes) into the world and "Return Stolen Object"?

It almost makes a rather unique outfit @LaBlue0314 :o:D

Yes, I know I can make him return the stolen objects, but I don't think he's the type who wants to return anything he's stolen. :D
  • Options
    Fair enough ;)

Another one.
    You give your apartment neighbour a key. He pops over saying “I’m going to check out the city, can I use your place to get ready?”
    I mean, you’re neighbours. His much bigger, very own apartment is right there across the corridor. :D
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited January 2020
    The other day I accidentally (and it really was an accident this time!) killed off my Sim's wife. Managed to get a Spellcaster to bring her back to life and she's rejoined the family. Husband still mourns her death.
    Tadeo, your wife is stood right next to you, you've just had a conversation, she is clearly alive. Up until now I considered you reasonably intelligent. Even your son has realised. Why are you still mourning her? 🤨
  • Options
    my household rn constantly has to eat in front of the tv for every meal. I’ve had other sims do it occasionally but never all the time, they’re addicted lol. I’m about to just delete the tv during mealtimes.

taking a drink/book outside to sit on the side of the pool and changing into swimwear, when it’s cold and then complaining because they’re cold 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    He just took a book jogging. He wasn’t reading it, the progress bar did not change nor did the animation show him opening the book. But he did take it with him.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2020
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My kleptomaniac Sim teen steals dirty dishes from school every day. Every day I get the note that Brian stole an item from school and it's always dirty dishes. Lol, that boy has an obsession. His criminal boss dad may need to have a discussion with him.

omg is that why there are dirty dishes piling up in my build mode inventory?? I thought maybe it was some wierd bug, but I guess it's my kleptomaniac teenager :lol: I thought he was just stealing posters and books. You don't know how many times I tried to replace the trash can, wash the dishes right away, empty the fridge, I was going crazy trying to figure out why there were dirty dishes suddenly appearing in my build mode storage :lol: I feel like I just won the lottery randomly picking this topic to read.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forums @elliendre. Glad you found it helpful. :)
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums @elliendre. Glad you found it helpful. :)

Thank you! <3
  • Options
    elliendre wrote: »

omg is that why there are dirty dishes piling up in my build mode inventory?? I thought maybe it was some wierd bug, but I guess it's my kleptomaniac teenager :lol: I thought he was just stealing posters and books. You don't know how many times I tried to replace the trash can, wash the dishes right away, empty the fridge, I was going crazy trying to figure out why there were dirty dishes suddenly appearing in my build mode storage :lol: I feel like I just won the lottery randomly picking this topic to read.

Yep, stolen dirty dishes always go to build & buy mode household inventory. :)
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I present to you an internal conversation I sometimes have with my sims.

Me: Hey, sim, do your homework! *switches to a different sim to check up on them*
    Sim: Okie dokie! *whips out homework and proceeds to work on it*
    Me: *comes back to to homework sim after several minutes* Um...You can sit at the kitchen table or something, you know?
    Sim: But you said to do my work. You didn't say anything about sitting down!'
    Me: Yes, but -
    Sim: YOU SAID TO DO MY HOMEWORK!
    Me: *Eye twitches as I click on a chair at the kitchen table*
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2020
    This happened to me yesterday:
    Sim decides to cook food. Sets the house on fire. Fire is extinguished. Sim decides to do some washing up, in the bathroom sink. Sim starts rapidly drinking water from the sink while I am preoccupied. Sim, realizing their bladder need is low, decides to run from the downstairs bathroom up four floors and along two corridors to their roommates en suite bedroom (I always forget to lock doors), then dies of embarrassment as they simultaneously wet themselves and see their friend in the bath.
    Why. Why, why, why, why. Why.

Edit: Why.
    banner.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @WhatCobblers maybe he is mourning her return :D
    @SquirrelTail15 lol so funny

I had my sim go outside in her military outfit to practice marching up and down, she did it the whole time carrying her breakfast.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2020
    I had my sim go outside in her military outfit to practice marching up and down, she did it the whole time carrying her breakfast.

Wait, really? That image in my head... I had this glitch once where, after having her kid at the hospital, my sim changed into the hospital gown to go to work. It was hilarious.

Edit: Just remembered that her job was a musician...
    banner.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited January 2020
    This was from quite some time ago when my Global Superstar at the pinnacle of his fame, finally landed the right Sim to marry. He had a couple of Obsessed Fans, along with a Stan, and somebody sent him a vanilla cupcake that went bad. (Probably was left in the mailbox for too long, or something.) Erik decided he couldn't allow his pregnant wife to eat said cupcake, since she had expressed an interest in it, without him washing it off first.

Jj8X1rM.jpg

When hand-washing it proved insufficient, he tried another tactic:

aZ5Vs8z.jpg

This had me in stitches it was just so funny.

Oh, Those Crazy Sims …

LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is what you are thinking of, but how about this? My sim and her best friend, a guy, wanting to get a bit to close to each other.
    83092464_1485272068289750_2723815207687159808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=DmrTGFRaYroAX9GGw_F&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=1b39119520ceabb1c3b3b013a1c6531f&oe=5ED008BB

I find the whole Sims stacking up a problem, since DU came out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Sims getting out of bed in the middle of the night to shower.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sims getting out of bed in the middle of the night to shower.
    Lol yeah! Acceptable to get out to pee, tolerable to get out for a midnight snack even, but showering... who cares if you stink when you're asleep?

Talking of peeing, how daft is that walk? Your bladder is about to burst, any sane person runs to the bathroom as fast as possible. But, no, our sims would rather waddle like a penguin in slow motion.
  • Options
    elliendre wrote: »

Yep, stolen dirty dishes always go to build & buy mode household inventory. :)

I'm so glad I found out here. It would have been embarrassing opening a bug report for the dirty dishes in my build mode inventory, and I was thinking of doing that :o
    This happened to me yesterday:
    Sim decides to cook food. Sets the house on fire. Fire is extinguished. Sim decides to do some washing up, in the bathroom sink. Sim starts rapidly drinking water from the sink while I am preoccupied. Sim, realizing their bladder need is low, decides to run from the downstairs bathroom up four floors and along two corridors to their roommates en suite bedroom (I always forget to lock doors), then dies of embarrassment as they simultaneously wet themselves and see their friend in the bath.
    Why. Why, why, why, why. Why.

Edit: Why.

:# See, now that's why I just can't give my Sims freedom to make choices in their lives. What a horrible way to die...

@GalacticGal You can get cupcakes in the mail? That's awesome. That's never happened in my game. I'm going to check the box more often. I just get bills and sometimes a postcard.

• Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    eating a salad while jogging. only a sims thing
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    @WhatCobblers maybe he is mourning her return :D
    @SquirrelTail15 lol so funny

Excellent time management on her part. 😁
    Regarding the wife back from the dead, it's possible 😆 but I think maybe all the emotion was just too much for husband to handle. He is a bit of a sensitive fellow, once cried after having an arguement with the smart speaker.