The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Beach Towel won't delete

Good Morning simmers! I was building a spa in Oasis Springs and then decided it didn't look right so I bulldozed the lot and moved it to Willow Creek. After bulldozing I realized that some of the beach towels I placed were still showing up in the world view. When you go on the lot they are nowhere to be found though. I tried placing a new lot there and when I go to the world view the beach towels still appear. It seems like they are hovering in the air. But I checked all around in build mode and could not find them anywhere. Can anyone please help?!

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,601 Member
    Try building something on that lot again. See what happens. Screenshots would be helpful.
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    I tried building on the lot again and the towels hover above the roof. You can't take pictures in game of the world view. I'll try to screenshot them. I even tried repairing the game which did absolutely nothing.
    I got pictures of how it looks in world view without a building on it, with a building on it, and how it looks in build mode. The lot is the one right by the water with the 3 other lots. Hope this helps!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UYUh5ctt3FhwRKps6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vwg1GZbdJYeRHY1z6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uFjQNQAH91t81XVh6
    So I guess evidently the pictures were not helpful. Lol. Anyone have any suggestions or any knowledge if this is a known bug?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 2,940 Member
    If you leave the lot, go to another lot, immediately leave that lot and return to the original lot, does that help?
    I've visited the lot and returned home and checked the world view and the towels are still present. I really don't understand how they are seen in world view but actually on the lot there is nothing there. I also checked the price of the lot. The price does not include the towels. It seems like just a graphical issue more than anything else.
    JesseJay wrote: »
    I've visited the lot and returned home and checked the world view and the towels are still present. I really don't understand how they are seen in world view but actually on the lot there is nothing there. I also checked the price of the lot. The price does not include the towels. It seems like just a graphical issue more than anything else.

It looks to me like it somehow got permanently 'etched' on the image photo of your world view of Oasis Springs. The beach towels go over anything there, so it's like a metaphorical scratch on the screen. I doubt there is any way to remove it now without restarting. I wouldn't worry about it.

To cheer you up @JesseJay here's a giant Baby Yoda! :D

Ab28cSj.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
    @JesseJay This is interesting what you did over here. Turned it into trailer homes. Cool!

1KKXHxI.png

I noticed you demolished the Laandgraab's mansion also, LMAO!
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
    You could try exiting the game deleting your localthumbcache file in your Sims4 folder, and then restarting. That’s the only other thing I can think to try.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 29
    Just a guess, but have you tried deleting localthumbcache.package? It makes the game reset the household images, maybe it has the same effect on world view.

EDIT: @Pamtastic72 I like the way you think. But you could have waited a minute ;)
    Post edited by TopNotchToddler on
    Apparently we were typing at the same time. Great minds I guess. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    @Admiral8Q I wish baby Yoda could make those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ towels go away lol but thank-you!

Yes, I made it into a trailer park haha. I demolished the landgraab house because the house is flipped in world view. It's facing the wrong direction and it was irking me. You can tell how the world view looks is very important to me.

@Pamtastic72 and @TopNotchToddler thank-you both. I tried that and it didn't work. Thank-you for the help though. I think I might see if I can submit a ticket or something to EA. I know it's a tiny issue but I just want things to look the way I want them to. I hope maybe it's just a glitch or something that they can correct going forward.
    JesseJay wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q I demolished the landgraab house because the house is flipped in world view. It's facing the wrong direction and it was irking me. You can tell how the world view looks is very important to me.

You can move/rotate the entire lot in build mode if that bothers you. I understand, it irks me sometimes too. I built up a nice house, but it's a flat wall on the back. In the world view all you see is the back, which makes it look boring. I may spin it around actually since you got me thinking about it.

8f3TDDb.png

This is the house from the front. :)

GJIGj84.png

From the back:

lwa19PZ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
    @Admiral8Q you got some pretty awesome houses! The thing with the landgraab house is that in the world view you see the front of the house which is fine but you see the street for the house is backwards. The back of the house is facing the street but then when you go into build you see the front of the house is facing the street. It just bothers me. Forgotten Hollow also does that in one of their lots. The house is backwards in world view. EA should really look into that. Lol.