Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nraas traveler problem.

Hi, am trying to move my sims family from Adventureland to Riverview. these are the steps I haven taken.
Sent them on vacation
Moved them into a rented house on arrival
Went into edit town and made a house player ownable
Bought it as a vacation home and moved them in
Went into traveler and changed homeworld
Saved (as) and quit back to desktop
I then reloaded the game and tried to get back to Adventureland as I had other families there but its a new version of the town. Did i miss something out?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sounds to me like you have followed the correct sequence of steps here. Do you also have ErrorTrap and Overwatch in play?

You may need to bring this issue to us at NRaas so our developer can see it. We wouldn't have had any way to test Adventureland with the other EA worlds because no one in mod development is/was playing on Patch 1.69. Adventureland only shows up on (some) Origin installs and is widely regarded as being a mistake to begin with that we players were never really meant to see. It is possible that the world is not going to cooperate with Traveler properly, especially if it hadn't been ID'ed correctly during its initial design stage. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually has the same underlying World ID as Sunset Valley, since that is really what it is without the original residents.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you have followed the correct sequence of steps here. Do you also have ErrorTrap and Overwatch in play?

You may need to bring this issue to us at NRaas so our developer can see it. We wouldn't have had any way to test Adventureland with the other EA worlds because no one in mod development is/was playing on Patch 1.69. Adventureland only shows up on (some) Origin installs and is widely regarded as being a mistake to begin with that we players were never really meant to see. It is possible that the world is not going to cooperate with Traveler properly, especially if it hadn't been ID'ed correctly during its initial design stage. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually has the same underlying World ID as Sunset Valley, since that is really what it is without the original residents.

OK, thank you for your help. I do have Error Trap and Overwatch. Should I try travelling between different worlds first to see what happens?
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited January 2020
    You may be able to look into your save file (which is just a folder). The first entry there is a *.dat file, which tells the game which world to start. For me and Sunset Valley, the content (you can open it with Notepad) looks like Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c . Look what it says for Adventureland there.

Edit: I started a new game there and produced a save, and it says Adventureland_0x0859db3c . That means that @igazor is correct and the ID of Adventureland is the same as that of Sunset Valley. Travel should still work as long as you don't have Sunset Valley itself anywhere in your save.
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    You may be able to look into your save file (which is just a folder). The first entry there is a *.dat file, which tells the game which world to start. For me and Sunset Valley, the content (you can open it with Notepad) looks like Sunset Valley_0x0859db3c . Look what it says for Adventureland there.

Edit: I started a new game there and produced a save, and it says Adventureland_0x0859db3c . That means that @igazor is correct and the ID of Adventureland is the same as that of Sunset Valley. Travel should still work as long as you don't have Sunset Valley itself anywhere in your save.

Thank you for your help. Have traveled between Twinbrook and Sunlit Tides and that seems to be working as it should so think I will just avoid using Adventureland in future.