Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family relationships across generations?

iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
One thing that bugged me in the Sims 2 was at some point the game stopped recognizing sims as relatives. I can't remember exactly when. Maybe at great-grandparents or after? I don't think Sims 4 recognizes great-grandparents. I wish the game had some way of tracking sims who are blood related across many generations. Is there a reason we don't have this feature? Would it be too complicated? I don't want a sim being able to flirt with his ancestor.

Comments

• Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sims 4 recognizes great-grandparents, but after that it's nothing anymore.

Edit: and yes, I wish you could see more and damilytrees would be bigger.
    My sims die of old age, so fortunately no weird things are happening xD
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    After Great-grandparent/Great-grandchild it's Ancestor/Decedent.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    @Admiral8Q Wait, so you mean this is already in the game? This is awesome!
  • Options
    FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I created my friends in my save lol and (because of MCCC) they had kids and grandkids and stuff, which at some point connected to my main family's family tree haha. But now when I go to look at it my friends that I made they do not show up with picture and name above their kids, just a grey square suggesting they had parents (they have died now... in the game that is haha) is this because the family tree has become too complex and the game is narrowing it down automatically? It's a shame I can't see them anymore.... in the game
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2020
    I always wanted to try it (exploit the game?)
    Now as vampires are inmortal, my vampire can have sex with his 4 generations away decendant?