Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Job Using Degree

Hey Simmers!

My sim has completed a distinguished degree in Language and Literature as it was her goal to be a lawyer. I have graduated and when I got back home and made her find a job and selected the Law career, she started at the beginning with no advancement from her degree. Is there a different way we have to get jobs by using the degree?
Antonia Louise <3

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Hmmm, I haven't played in awhile, but I remember there being 2 (?) options per career. One for sims without degrees and another for sims with degrees.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I had to remember to look for the career that had the "red" words in the description - that meant that it was for the degree and my sim would be paid more.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    Okay thanks, I'm gonna dive back in and see what's going on and see if I can fix it
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    Most careers can be started from first level even if you have a degree. Depending on your degree, there will be one extra job offer for some of the careers, where you will start at a higher level. Technically I think those two options should have been grouped in the listing, not sure why they are sorted "miles" apart.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg