Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Traffic- Ice Cream Truck Fail

I don't know if this is causing the issue, but when my Sim buys ice cream from the traveling ice cream truck, she takes a taxi to a different/random lot to eat it instead of eating it right there on the spot like before :/ Any idea what is happening?
TTOVikb.png
Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

Comments

• Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's due to the seating in the world. If your Sim buys an ice cream off lot then they will run to the nearest bench/fountain to sit and eat it, even if it's halfway across the world.

Edit: If you don't want them running across the world then delete any seating that isn't on a lot.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2020
    (Ninja'd by a better answer)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    It doesn't o nly apply to eating icecream. I had a sim who was almost on her lot but just barely outside. I told her to use her tablet to read a recipe. She jumped in a taxi and went to a park to sit at a fountain and read.
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    weird... it never did that before until i installed Traffic :( cuz i waited for the truck to pop up by her house and before, she ate it right there... >_< thanks for the answers guys.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited January 2020
    Welp, I fixed it. It was an ice cream truck replacement skin that caused the issue. Raked through all my mods to find it, deleted it and cleared out cache files. Once I booted up the game, I waited for Mr. Ice Cream Man to show up at my Sim's house (that sounds so wrong...) and had her buy an ice cream after a big breakfast. She didn't go anywhere to go eat it! Just ate it on her front lawn and like the good little Sim. I went around town before hand and blew up random junk chairs from the junkyard too, just for extra measure :)
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 2020
    weird... it never did that before until i installed Traffic :( cuz i waited for the truck to pop up by her house and before, she ate it right there... >_< thanks for the answers guys.

I don't currently use Traffic and my sims do that, not all the time but most of the time. It's a game bug and it starting to happen after installing Traffic is most likely just coincidence.
    Post edited by ScottDemon on
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    I don't use the Traffic mod either. The first time I experienced it was using a custom world that had the big fountain placed off lot that the Sims can sit on. I would have one of my Sims buy an ice cream cone and they would jump in a taxi and travel to the other side of the world where that fountain was to sit down and eat it. :D Sims are so silly.