Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Winter Vacation Gamepack idea

M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey y’all. I think we will get a winter vacation gamepack this year.

I’m hoping we will see:
1. A beautiful Scandinavian inspired setting with lots of snow, hills and northern lights.
2. Gameplay with sledges, skies and snowbording.
3. Cosy activities like hot chokolate and board games.
4. Hotels.
5. New build items to make the most cosy huts and hotels ever of wood and stone. I wanna see: (faux) raindeer sheets and heads, wool blankets and pillows, a winter hot top.

https://imgur.com/gallery/aRk1JNP

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Please post your additional ideas for this gamepack. :)
  • Options
    mysimkrismysimkris Posts: 16 Member
    I was literally thinking the same thing yesterday, when I filmed a winter lodge video. There have always been focus on summer and warm vacations.
    It would be amazing if you could take your sim to a week of ski trip on a resort, where they can rent snowboard and skies, and live in cabins as well ☺️
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    The original game had a pack where you could go on a winter holiday and I always associated the woodlands holiday from Sims 2 with a wintery theme. Holidays in cold places aren't something that interest me irl but I might well use it for my sims.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    @M1ss_Plumbum You'd better move this to 'The Sims 4 Ideas Corner'.
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »
    @M1ss_Plumbum You'd better move this to 'The Sims 4 Ideas Corner'.

Idk how to do that. Will you do it please?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    If we’re going Scandinavian inspired, which I definitely want, I’d like to see half the sim year in mostly darkness and the other half in mostly daylight. I’m more about the worlds in this game, and this one should feature a geothermal pool/geyser.
  • Options
    taydev wrote: »
    If we’re going Scandinavian inspired, which I definitely want, I’d like to see half the sim year in mostly darkness and the other half in mostly daylight. I’m more about the worlds in this game, and this one should feature a geothermal pool/geyser.

That’s a good idea. :)

What about adding winter depression aswell?
  • Options
    ParselmouthParselmouth Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love a winter holiday pack and I think it may be on the cards as I have just done a survey which asked which winter sports I would like to see in a winter pack. YES PLEASE I loved the winter holiday resort in Sims 1.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would love a winter holiday pack and I think it may be on the cards as I have just done a survey which asked which winter sports I would like to see in a winter pack. YES PLEASE I loved the winter holiday resort in Sims 1.

Do you have a link for the survey, please?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Northern lights!
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

Do you have a link for the survey, please?

Here you go: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7Y7GCPJ

• Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Please give us the option of LIVING in the world, and not just vacationing!

Not everyone wants to live on the beach, in the city, or desert.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    After seeing the survey, I'm thinking this very well may be the EP released this coming November.

I first thought a winter world like this would be a game pack vacation world, but if they're adding a number of winter activities and resorts, I could see this bumped up to an EP with a livable world like Island Living.

With hotels/resorts, what would be cool is if you could choose to vacation there instead of just at one of the official vacation worlds. That way you could vacation in any of the worlds as long as we place hotels there.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Thank you. I believe that's the best survey that EA ever ran regarding the Sims. If they could implement those ideas, the game would be exponentially better.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    After seeing the survey, I'm thinking this very well may be the EP released this coming November.

I first thought a winter world like this would be a game pack vacation world, but if they're adding a number of winter activities and resorts, I could see this bumped up to an EP with a livable world like Island Living.

With hotels/resorts, what would be cool is if you could choose to vacation there instead of just at one of the official vacation worlds. That way you could vacation in any of the worlds as long as we place hotels there.

Remember, they are not necessarily using all of those features. I think they had players rate them to see how to prioritize them. If they make a winter pack and can only fit three activities in, they are most likely going to choose the three that got the most votes. Same with the personality stuff. They don't have an endless budget so if they do tackle anything from the survey, they are going to look at the popular numbers first.
    #Team Occult