Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to stop the CelebuSerum madness?

I'm so tired of getting those CelebuSerums in my mail every single day, I don't need any of those as my new sim is a vampire with all the necessary needs maxed out (including no need for fun or social activities). Now, I'm not a mod fan (only have a couple which I can't talk about), but does anyone know if there is by chance a mod that stops those serums from littering my mailbox? The easy street is my go-to perk, and unfortunately the serums are on the same row.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't know of any mod, but I know a cheat that will take it away, I tested to make sure first.

First, enter this cheat testingcheats on

Second, get your sim's id number, and to find it enter this

sims.get_sim_id_by_name {Firstname} {Lastname} Put in your sim's first and last name.

Third, enter this cheat

bucks.lock_perk CelebuSerum 61441 {SimID}
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I just wishef I receibed mine. I got 2 and no more came.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I think you can use the phone to clear out those celeb quirks and pick new ones. It’s either on the phone or in the rewards section. That seems to be the only solution. I ended up doing that to get rid of the vain quirk because my Sim was constantly tense unless they were in front of a mirror. Cool but annoying after a while.
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Stutum There was a bug that still should "work" - If you moved the sim to another household in Manage Households and afterwards moved them back in the mail man forgot about your sim's celebuserum perk. To make it work again you would have to reset your perks as described by Chazzzy.

@Chazzzy There is a bug for that too - If you buy a single Quirk-B-Gone you can use it over and over again:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Quirk-B-Gone-Removes-Quirk-Before-Sim-Drinks-It/td-p/7211821.

There are enough bugs for everyone :)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Thanks, I'll try that. :)

@Chazzzy Unfortunately it's a perk, and not a quirk, otherwise it would've been my standard Quirk-B-Gone victim. xD
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I think you can use the phone to clear out those celeb quirks and pick new ones. It’s either on the phone or in the rewards section. That seems to be the only solution. I ended up doing that to get rid of the vain quirk because my Sim was constantly tense unless they were in front of a mirror. Cool but annoying after a while.

The Celeb serums aren't a quirk. You have a chance to choose getting them when you place your points received from earning another celebrity star. I hate them, too. I don't believe I've ever used a single one, either. I've had to restart my celebrity Sim so many times and I don't always remember to clean up his childhood house when I upload it to My Library.Then after I start a brand new save, placing their family home and have the family move in. What do I find in the boys' room? You got it. many, many, MANY leftover serums on the dresser they share. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah I hate this perk too. I never use them, but you have to choose it if you want the more useful perks above it. It’s a system I really don’t appreciate honesty. I think there are mods to make it so you don’t have to be tied to it, though.
  • Options
    They're not a problem anymore. As of today I just recycle them as they come. :lol:
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I admit that my sim gets more than enough of them but I like using them. Now that we have the storage chests that can store things separately (as opposed to the way fridges work where all fridges on the lot share inventory) I have a place to store the overflow until I need them. I think you can give them as gifts too?
  • Options
    A_Mom wrote: »
    I admit that my sim gets more than enough of them but I like using them. Now that we have the storage chests that can store things separately (as opposed to the way fridges work where all fridges on the lot share inventory) I have a place to store the overflow until I need them. I think you can give them as gifts too?

Yes, I believe you can give away pretty much anything from the inventory.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I never use the serums either, they just fill up my fridges. I do a clean-up once in a while, and just keep some of the more useful ones. I always plan to, but never use those either :D